Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

GMI goes down a few notches...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM

GMI goes down a few notches...

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34458

Good job guys! Release an artistic rendering of what you want the next GTO to look like and then make out like you're giving a sneak peak at the future of Pontiac.

I won't be stopping by there for news any time in the near future.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned

Re: GMI goes down a few notches...

alright i'm slow

who is this revitalization team and why does that pic of the car under the car cover look very much photoshopped?

ok, clicked on page 2 and saw that it was a fake image. good, cause that thing looks not so good from what can be seen.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 PM

That's undoubtedly worded to pretend that it's a real sneak peak and not just some fantasy image created by a random person with no factual basis.

I wonder what it originally said? It was created and then edited 2 hours later after lots of people called them out on it.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi
alright i'm slow

who is this revitalization team and why does that pic of the car under the car cover look very much photoshopped?

ok, clicked on page 2 and saw that it was a fake image. good, cause that thing looks not so good from what can be seen.
Buick Revitalization

When I first saw the image a few days ago when it came out and they mentioned the "revitalization team" I immediately knew they meant the team that did the Buick presentation...

Maybe they just assumed that more people would know that's what they were trying to show... a sneak preview of the "Pontiac Revitalization".
Old 07-24-2006, 08:18 PM

Even the original Buick Revitalization thing was a little bit misleading until you started to read it.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM

Once they've done 2-3 of the brands everyone will know what they're talking about...

They're trying to make it seem realistic, but I don't think it's in an attempt to mislead people... I read very clearly the first time I saw it that this was the future of GM, IF they listened to GMI.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 PM

Sorry about that. The Buick Revitalization Team got the site mentioned on Edmonds, and Autoblog, so I think that the people on the team working on it got caught up in it and assumed people would know.

http://conceptcars.autoblog.com/2006...for-gm-brands/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=115997#3

I just fixed it, and such imporper labeling is unacceptable and will not happen again.

Last edited by formula79; 07-24-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by formula79
Sorry about that. The Buick one got mention on Edmonds, and Autoblog, so I think that the people on the team got caught up in it and assumed people would know...
That's fine, but how is a fantasy drawing akin to a 'peak' at what Pontiac has 'under wraps'?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
That's fine, but how is a fantasy drawing akin to a 'peak' at what Pontiac has 'under wraps'?
They meant it in terms of a peak at what the GMI Revitalization Team has in store for Pontiac. It is one of those things where if you followed the site, and knew how popular the Buick thing was it would be easier to grasp. The people who originally posted it got wrapped up in the moment and did not properly differentiate between a fun project and regular news.

Either way, I actually listened to what other people had to say, took their imput, and fixed the issue. Interesting concept huh Flash boy?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:18 PM

Thanks Branden. It's great to see it corrected.

As I said in that thread, I love the drawing, and the idea that the team has. I just thought that it was misleading the way that they presented it, and how they didn't seem to think that it was a big deal.

I go to your site whenever I'm looking for news or information on GM products. It's nice to see that you agree with the way that this could have been seen.

I now have no problem with going there based on the correction.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:22 PM

Either way, I actually listened to what other people had to say, took their imput, and fixed the issue. Interesting concept huh Flash boy?
The thing is most of the non geek types I asked LOVE the flash/animation aspect. And most of our customers aren't geeks, so...
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 PM

While I'll give them an A for effort, from what I've seen the revitalization is pretty far fetched.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 PM

Good job B.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 PM

they fooled me.. i passed it on as the real thing before reading that it wasnt so.. a bit embarresing
Old 07-26-2006, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by FS3800
they fooled me.. i passed it on as the real thing before reading that it wasnt so.. a bit embarresing
Which is the exact reason that I was mad about it.

Quick Reply: GMI goes down a few notches...