Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Gas-guzzlers go to hell...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by muckz
What I find extremely ironic is how these various church "leaders" do everything BUT look after spiritual matters, their real and only responsibilty in the world.

It is also stupid, neglectful, brainless and hypocritical to apply "What would Jesus do?" to a choice of car, yet there are no such advertising campaigns about violence, AIDS, abuse, moral issues, etc... etc... etc..., issues FAR more important than what kind of car someone drives.

In my opinion, and I'm sure in the views of many, this is a mockery to those religious leaders and to Christianity in general. And in today's world where people do not let religion "guide" them in areas of morality, do the marketing heads really think that people will say "Hey, Jesus wouldn't drive that SUV, maybe I shouldn't either..." Who are they kidding?

I am just amazed at the ridiculous idea and at the fact that such idea got approved.
Ditto.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:04 AM

I plan on building up a 460 race motor with my friend this summer.
Does this mean I'm going to hell?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:24 AM

Originally posted by Meccadeth
I have a confession....
I am jesus
Wow. So what do you drive!!?

Hey I don't know if that site's URL has been posted, but for those who want to see it for themselves, the URL shown on FOX News was www.whatwouldjesusdrive.org

At the moment it seems to be inaccessible.. maybe they had an overnight opinion change and took it down out of embarrassment? One can only hope.

Talk about blasphemy..

GT
Old 11-24-2002, 05:27 PM

tell jesus im driving a car that gets 1 mile to the gallon and it spits raw fuel out of the tail pipe, ha
Old 11-24-2002, 08:15 PM

Thinking about this, you would think Jesus would not drive at all, prefering public transport, or he's feet.

Then again I could picture a brightly painted and beat up VW Combie van with fumes spewing out of the exhaust.