CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Didn't take long for someone to do this....LS1, Colorado. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/didnt-take-long-someone-do-ls1-colorado-284209/)

Chuck! 07-21-2004 09:29 PM

Re: Didn't take long for someone to do this....LS1, Colorado.

Im sure they'd make the Colorado SS the I5 with an optional spoiler and special "SS" leather seats. Sweet.

Z284ever 07-21-2004 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck!
Im sure they'd make the Colorado SS the I5 with an optional spoiler and special "SS" leather seats. Sweet.

A turbo I5 Colorado SS is already in the works.

Chuck! 07-21-2004 10:01 PM

Cool SS concepts have been around for a while. I wont trust GM to make a cool production one (ie, non fwd s/c one, or a rwd one that competes in its' class) until I see it drive down my street.

IZ28 07-22-2004 02:38 AM

Nope, don't like it. The S10 just had a nicer look in some ways IMO. (and a better name) I'll give this one edgier design, but that way too big light on the bottom and the tiny one on top instead of them both being even just looks wrong, like a mistake or something. If the lights were done right, I'd have nothing to say, I just don't like that. Only seen 2 of them on the road BTW. :) (while I can't keep track of the Dodges ;))

CamaroBoy96Z28 07-23-2004 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Colorado SS? :D

Build it GM and I'll buy! :bow:

Amen to that.

I dont get what the Colorado haters are talking about when they think the S10 looks better or in any way, shape or form compares to the GMT355 twins. Dream on. The S10 was no more than a Blazer with a bed on the back. Same thing with the Sonoma and Jimmy.

SFireGT98 07-23-2004 04:01 PM

Thats pretty sweet. Looks like this guy will have no problem dealing with Toyota's upcoming sport truck and also the new Colorado SS's.

On a side note that board's funny. S10 owners disliking the Colorado. :rolleyes: Its a better truck in every way and IMO styled a HELLUVA lot better. I'll take a tough looking Colorado over a cute truck S10 anyday. Apparently alot of Orlando drivers will too, because those things are all over the place down here as well as a few Canyons thrown in.

uluz28 07-23-2004 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Z284ever
A turbo I5 Colorado SS is already in the works.

If this is true, I will bite. Make the drivetrain strong, and I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

30thZ286speed 07-25-2004 10:04 PM

I like the new Colorado, but I was upset it wasn't closer to the Dakota in size, which I thought is what Chevy was going after with the redesign.