CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Didn't take long for someone to do this....LS1, Colorado. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/didnt-take-long-someone-do-ls1-colorado-284209/)

Z284ever 07-21-2004 12:05 AM

Didn't take long for someone to do this....LS1, Colorado.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122461

Big Als Z 07-21-2004 12:54 AM

Re: Didn't take long for someone to do this....LS1, Colorado.

S10forum is the wrong place to post Colorado stuff. They hate that truck with the same passion 4th gen owners hate the GTO.

That really does look like a tight fit? You would think: Colorado=Bigger=easier fit but I guess not? Ive seen SBC's fit in with more room in an S10?
anyway...short bed...standard cab... sounds like it should haul. Now if GM could only do it....6spd as well.

97Whitez28 07-21-2004 12:58 AM

I thought that a V8 would not fit in between the rails on a Colorado? Guess this proves thats.....

IZ28 07-21-2004 03:58 AM

I think they really messed up on this thing. The S10 was nicer. Who designed that front with those lights? Do they still have a job at GM?

Big Als Z 07-21-2004 04:37 AM

s10 was nicer how? I love the front end on the Colorado, as I love the front end on the new Silverado's as well. Very agressive as supposed to Fords "Cute" look.

R377 07-21-2004 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
I love the front end on the Colorado,

Yup.

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
as I love the front end on the new Silverado's as well.

Nope. I don't know why, but it works far better on Colorado than Silverado.

BTW, if y'all thought it was a bitch to change LS1 spark plugs on an f-body, good luck on that Colorado!

SNEAKY NEIL 07-21-2004 07:29 AM

That didn't take long at all. I wonder what it will run.

Personnaly, I like the Colorado much better. At first I didn't like the new look, but it has grown on me and now I really like it. The only design element that I still don't like is the tail lights.

PaperTarget 07-21-2004 07:36 AM

My wife and I are looking at getting a 4 door Colorado. It would be nice if it had a V8 like that (though not to work on).

Z28x 07-21-2004 07:57 AM

Glad to see it fits, now maybe the Colorado will get a 4.8L/5.3L in the future.

Originally Posted by IZ28
I think they really messed up on this thing. The S10 was nicer. Who designed that front with those lights? Do they still have a job at GM?

Colorado is much nicer than the S-10. Interior is much nicer and the Colorado looks a lot tougher. S-10 had the same round soft "cute" look that the old F-150 had. The Crew Cab looks like it actually belongs on the Colorado, S-10 Crew Cabs have something about them that just doesn't look right to me.

Originally Posted by R377
Yup.

Nope. I don't know why, but it works far better on Colorado than Silverado.

The Colorado looks better becuase the front over hang looks smaller.
Look at the amount of sheet metal between the wheel well and head light on the Silverado
now look at the Colorado Z71
Colorado Xtreme
Colorado Sport

Dante93GTZ 07-21-2004 08:42 AM

I like the Colorado/Canyon OK, but it still needs some refinement.

The front end is a great look - The side profile is ok, aside from the angled-looking fenders. The only other thing I don't like the taillights and rear bumper that remind me of a cheap-o Nissan truck of old.

TA76 07-21-2004 10:17 AM

I love my 04 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab! Great truck, nice bed size and I can haul the family. I constantly get people asking me about it at gas stations, parking lots, etc.

R377 07-21-2004 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Z28x
The Colorado looks better becuase the front over hang looks smaller.

Good point. Comparing your two pics, I think it's also because on Colorado the headlights wrap around into the fenders, and the hood doesn't cut into the fenders like they do on Silverado. It just looks more integrated on Colorado instead of a slapped-on afterthought like it appears on Silverado.

AdioSS 07-21-2004 05:58 PM

this whole thread just goes to prove that styling is subjective. You can't please everybody at once. Personally, I like the Colorado's look. I also like the Titan's look.

to each his own

jg95z28 07-21-2004 06:25 PM

Colorado SS? :D

Build it GM and I'll buy! :bow:

PacerX 07-21-2004 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
Colorado SS? :D

Build it GM and I'll buy! :bow:

Someone should be paying attention to this...