CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   Cobalt SS without the "ricer" wing? I think it just might be. (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/cobalt-ss-without-ricer-wing-i-think-just-might-344538/)

305fan 02-26-2005 01:02 AM

Re: Cobalt SS without the "ricer" wing? I think it just might be.

LT is just gay :p

Now RS.... :D

Yeah that SS wing is just gross. If I ever bought one it would be taken off the car before it left the lot.

killer-camaro 02-26-2005 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
The SS non-supercharged will join the lineup in the 2006MY with a 2.4 VVT Ecotec. Much similar to the show car from last season. IMO, I wish they'd call it LT like how they wisely changed the naming on the Monte Carlo.

yep i heard tyhat too. also saw an article about some company (cant remember which) already has a centrifugal supercharger kit for the Ecotec line of engines. so it may actually be faster to buy the NA 2.4 and SC it than it would to pulley a stock SS.

OutsiderIROC-Z 02-27-2005 11:20 AM

Still looks like a Cavalier to me.

Z28x 02-27-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by killer-camaro
yep i heard tyhat too. also saw an article about some company (cant remember which) already has a centrifugal supercharger kit for the Ecotec line of engines. so it may actually be faster to buy the NA 2.4 and SC it than it would to pulley a stock SS.

The 2.0 has foged internals and lower CR. It is setup to take more boost than the 2.2L or 2.4L

IZ28 02-27-2005 10:43 PM

They should either come out with a new spoiler or allow the low spoiler to be put on in it's place. I don't wanna hear "well it's not marketed to so and so" because that's nonsense. There's alot of people outside of that "market" that would probably like to have the SS. Especially without that moronic spoiler. Leave that one standard, but let there be an option. I also think 2 SS versions will be confusing without some kind of real distinction.

Pandamonkey 02-27-2005 11:09 PM

It really couldn't be all that much to get a smaller base spoiler installed on the SS at the time of purchase now could it?

JoeliusZ28 02-28-2005 12:15 AM

Anyone know what the N/A SS is going to base at? Im seriously considering leasing a cobalt right now, and if its less than the supercharged version ill definitely wait. Also what kind of hp are we expecting with the VVT NA 2.4?

buzz12586 02-28-2005 03:21 AM

I think having options is a good idea. That way each person can get what they really want.

Gold_Rush 02-28-2005 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28
Anyone know what the N/A SS is going to base at? Im seriously considering leasing a cobalt right now, and if its less than the supercharged version ill definitely wait. Also what kind of hp are we expecting with the VVT NA 2.4?

Around 175hp.

JoeliusZ28 03-01-2005 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gold_Rush
Around 175hp.

not bad :)

slt 03-01-2005 09:11 AM

My G/F has the Ion Redline with that spoiler. It's like 4 inches thick. It nearly blocks the whole rear window. It's also made of plastic, so it bounces and flexes pretty bad when you're driving around. Atleast with the Evo spoiler, its real thin, doesn't flex, and actually provides some downforce.

Birdie2000 03-01-2005 12:55 PM

My brother ordered one yesterday and the dealer said that GM did not provide an option to delete the spoiler. He wanted it removed, but the car will be leased so we can't have it done, tough luck in the end. Right now they're backlogged about 3 months too, apparently the supercharger on the car is in high demand. We all hate the spoiler, but the rest of the car is nice enough to overlook it in this situation. If he buys it off it'll be the first thing he does, lol.

Darth Xed 03-01-2005 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Birdie2000
My brother ordered one yesterday and the dealer said that GM did not provide an option to delete the spoiler. He wanted it removed, but the car will be leased so we can't have it done, tough luck in the end. Right now they're backlogged about 3 months too, apparently the supercharger on the car is in high demand. We all hate the spoiler, but the rest of the car is nice enough to overlook it in this situation. If he buys it off it'll be the first thing he does, lol.

Thanks for the first-hand account. :thumb:

Hopefully GM will offer at the very least a spoiler-delete in the future.

Heck, they even offered it as an option on the current Monte Carlo SS... you got like a $120 or $200 credit I think. I only saw one ever, a Navy Blue MC SS, with the spoiler delete though... I guess it was so you could show off the odd looking trunk lid. :think:

Kind of odd... one car I would actually thnk anyone would want the spoiler on was the MC SS, and one car that I think a lot would want to get rid of it is the Cobalt SS... but the delete options say the opposite.

Birdie2000 03-01-2005 04:49 PM

I actually was looking at ordering a Monte SS back in 2000, and I didn't like that flat little spoiler they had at the time, and they did have a spoiler delete option, which is exactly why I was surprised that there was no option in this case. :(

ProjectRS 03-04-2005 10:19 PM

here it is w/o the wing:

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...=photoshop+wing