Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Chevrolet SS Concept... "Future Car"???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 06:31 AM

Chevrolet SS Concept... "Future Car"???

This may be a typo or something, or perhaps a slip up of some sort????

I was reading my GM Card statement online yesterday, and on one of the statement pages it had a rear 3/4 shot of the SS Concept, and the title under the car said: "FUTURE CAR: CHEVROLET SS"

Like I said, I could be reading into it too much, but the term "Future Car" seesm to be carefully used for cars that are headed to production, as the term would imply.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:30 AM

interesting.

This could be a broad interpretation. Perhaps they're loosely saying there a future Chevy SS sedan in the works, aka Impala SS?
Old 02-12-2004, 09:29 AM

Re: interesting.

Originally posted by dream '94 Z28
This could be a broad interpretation. Perhaps they're loosely saying there a future Chevy SS sedan in the works, aka Impala SS?
That thought had crossed my mind as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:57 AM

No!

I'm pretty sure it's in the meaning of the Chevy SS Concept car that is a mixture of the Chevelle and 69 Camaro. This car has been made but they have yet to put it into production, I think this is the car they are talking about....It's a nice car if u ask me and will be equipted with LS2. The pictures can be found here.... http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...8&q=ss+concept
Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 AM

Re: No!

Originally posted by 94Camarov6SS
I'm pretty sure it's in the meaning of the Chevy SS Concept car that is a mixture of the Chevelle and 69 Camaro. This car has been made but they have yet to put it into production, I think this is the car they are talking about....It's a nice car if u ask me and will be equipted with LS2. The pictures can be found here.... http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...8&q=ss+concept
What are your talking about?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 AM

Re: Re: No!

Originally posted by dream '94 Z28
What are your talking about?
That thought, too, had crossed my mind.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:44 PM

You need to go do some research buddy, your post are getting to be flat out ridicules.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:05 PM

That bull must have some bad diarrhea, cus that sure is alot of

Last edited by ImportedRoomate; 02-12-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:33 AM

That and there really are '94 Camaro V6 SS's.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:15 AM

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the SS is UGLY....

...but as far a future car maybe they just mean aspects of it will appear in the future and not the actual car. I see the SS as GM kind of putting their toes into the water and testing the reaction it gets for certain things...
Old 02-13-2004, 06:40 AM

Originally posted by rlax31

...but as far a future car maybe they just mean aspects of it will appear in the future and not the actual car. I see the SS as GM kind of putting their toes into the water and testing the reaction it gets for certain things...
I've always thought that SS had "a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, too"

But it didn't say: "Chevrolet SS... some of the cues may show up on a future car."

...it flat out said: "Chevrolet SS: Future Car"

again, it's probably nothing... but, when you look on manufacturer website, the vehicles under "Future Cars" are cars destined for production. The "Concept Cars" sections are where the styling exercises end up...
Old 02-13-2004, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Darth Xed
But it didn't say: "Chevrolet SS... some of the cues may show up on a future car."

...it flat out said: "Chevrolet SS: Future Car"
Matbe they didn't have enough space for all that

Seriously hough, I think it's just marketing hype that (and in a way marketing shorthand) that some exciting SS sedens are coming up.

But I could be wrong. As a designer I work smack dab in between marketing and engineering, and sometimes I think marketing plays left field deeper than I do....
Old 02-13-2004, 10:55 AM

I know the SS concept is a cartoonish exageration of a future production Chevy. It's just a question of how exaggerated & which car.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:59 AM

I'd put my money on the next Impala SS. Full size 4 door, V8 engine. That's my inclination.

Doesn't the '05 Impala get a V8? The 5.3 if I remember right?
Old 02-14-2004, 01:20 PM

Could just be me but, I never saw the SS concept as a glimpse of any one future Chevy. Rather,I saw it as a showcase of Chevy's direction in design and tech for upcoming cars. It has cues from many sources and tech that we are already seeing move to production, but I don't think we'll ever see a production car based on it.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet SS Concept... "Future Car"???