Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Check out this letter i got from Pontiac.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Check out this letter i got from Pontiac.

Yesterday i emailed Pontiac after reading all the RWD stuff. Basically Just your I hope you keep the Firebird name in mind when these products come out.

I found this interesting and odd.

Dear Mr. Viereck,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the Firebird Concept vehicle! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us today. The Firebird is considered a concept vehicle. At this time, no announcements have been made regarding its production in the United States. For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool at www.pontiac.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.

At Pontiac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week. Thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

The Pontiac Marketing Team
www.pontiac.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit www.gmcontactpreferences.com to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:27 PM

Dear Mr. Donato,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the T-1000 Concept vehicle! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us today. The T-1000 is considered a concept vehicle. At this time, no announcements have been made regarding its production in the United States. For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool at www.pontiac.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.

At Pontiac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week. Thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

www.pontiac.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit www.gmcontactpreferences.com to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM

I thought to try that but makes sense I was gonna use AZTEK
Old 11-16-2006, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by mike24
Yesterday i emailed Pontiac after reading all the RWD stuff. Basically Just your I hope you keep the Firebird name in mind when these products come out.

I found this interesting and odd.

Dear Mr. Viereck,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the Firebird Concept vehicle! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us today. The Firebird is considered a concept vehicle. At this time, no announcements have been made regarding its production in the United States. For updates, please contact us periodically or speak with your local dealer. If you are not familiar with dealers in your area, an easy way to find one is by using the dealer locator web tool at www.pontiac.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

www.pontiac.com

Um.... isn't that word for word what Chevrolet sent out on inquiries on the Camaro concept earlier this year?

Nonetheless, it is intriguing.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by mike24
I thought to try that but makes sense I was gonna use AZTEK
Try it with "Camry" and see what you get back
Old 11-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Admin Emeritus

People who deal with info requests like this typically have no knowledge of upcoming products, they ONLY know what they are told to say. It is a big office full of people who are trained to reply using (obviously) scripted responses depending on the request given to them. Sometimes, it is completely automated.

They know of no secrets or anything like that and are usually not given any "inside info" to drop hints at. Sorry, but there are no lines to read between.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 AM

C'mon, someone's gotta do something completely bogus to prove that it's just automated .

...otherwise?!?!?!?!?!?!