Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Big Nissan Recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Disciple

Talking Big Nissan Recall

http://globeinvestor.com/servlet/sto...g0907/GIStory/
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 PM

With every new news break about another recall, my smile widens by a noticeable amount.

I am sorry that people are being exposed to a hazardous material, but at least it's not a virus or nerve agent of some kind. I can only hope that this kind of exposure and "issue" causes the American public to wake up and smell the coffee (pun intended). Shame is that people will draw a conclusion about Nissan based on something they had nothing to do with - guilty by association.

I'd LOVE to be appointed by some governmental agency to investigate products being imported to the US from China right now.
I'd sent 90% of the containers right back to Shanghai Harbor where WalMart can decide what to do with them!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Chinese products have come under intense scrutiny over safety concerns in recent months, prompting recalls of products from toys and toothpaste to seafood and tires.
Im sure if we just open our borders to Mexican trucking then we can get more quality stuff here from the Mexican exchange ports from China
Old 09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by graham
Im sure if we just open our borders to Mexican trucking then we can get more quality stuff here from the Mexican exchange ports from China
Yeah...I can't wait!

I'm so glad the next Olympics are in China so that we can validate their government and all the freedoms their people enjoy!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_Nashville
Yeah...I can't wait!

I'm so glad the next Olympics are in China so that we can validate their government and all the freedoms their people enjoy!

We don't have to wait. Survivor begins a new season later this month.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jg95z28
We don't have to wait. Survivor begins a new season later this month.
Perhaps I should be but I’m not as bothered by private enterprise (like the producers of Survivor) picking China as a location for a reality TV show as I am by a quasi-official organization like the IOC essentially giving “formal” approval of China’s repressive government.

Countries, especially Western democracies, should be looking for ways to encourage change in China’s government rather than fawning all over them with Olympic Games and favorable trade agreements.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ProudPony
I'd LOVE to be appointed by some governmental agency to investigate products being imported to the US from China right now.
I'd sent 90% of the containers right back to Shanghai Harbor where WalMart can decide what to do with them!
And I'd love to see you appointed to that role - too bad it'd effectively shut down our banking system

At some point, I'd like to see countries show that they are capable of playing by the rules before being accepted as a major source of commodities and products. Of course, we know that ain't gonna happen if there are pennies to be saved
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by Eric Bryant
And I'd love to see you appointed to that role - too bad it'd effectively shut down our banking system

At some point, I'd like to see countries show that they are capable of playing by the rules before being accepted as a major source of commodities and products. Of course, we know that ain't gonna happen if there are pennies to be saved

Are you kidding me!! I want to go to Wal Mart and buy my $1.00 cheap haloween stand up made in china. I demand I pay as little as possible. If that means outsourcing to a country like china. WHO CARES. Whats it got to do with me. It does not effect the way I live my life or anyone in the U.S. I dont care if that company has closed a factory making these here just to save 50 cents per unit. Unit?? Whats a unit when its my money I am spending. Who cares about lead paint who eats this stuff anyways? Our goverment inspects everything comming into this country. Just an oversite from one shipment on the lead toys, cups, crayons. Besides I grew up with lead in the house. It does not harm you. My goodness. If it means I have to pay that extra 1-2 dollars for something made in the U.S. no way. Give me the cheap lead based paint and I will walk proudly out of wal mart...

You know the truth is..its a sarcastic statement but really how far from the truth is it??? Not to far from peoples perception.

How long will we go till we look and see that china is growing to fast for its own good and using lead based paint to keep the machine going is the first in a long line of problems we will see if we open our eyes.

and Robert I call bias on Nissan..what if I was not a coffee drinker and took the test drive. hmmm??? They assume every nissan test driver is a coffee drinker. Shame on them
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
Are you kidding me!! I want to go to Wal Mart and buy my $1.00 cheap haloween stand up made in china. I demand I pay as little as possible. If that means outsourcing to a country like china. WHO CARES. Whats it got to do with me. It does not effect the way I live my life or anyone in the U.S. I dont care if that company has closed a factory making these here just to save 50 cents per unit. Unit?? Whats a unit when its my money I am spending. Who cares about lead paint who eats this stuff anyways? Our goverment inspects everything comming into this country. Just an oversite from one shipment on the lead toys, cups, crayons. Besides I grew up with lead in the house. It does not harm you. My goodness. If it means I have to pay that extra 1-2 dollars for something made in the U.S. no way. Give me the cheap lead based paint and I will walk proudly out of wal mart...

You know the truth is..its a sarcastic statement but really how far from the truth is it??? Not to far from peoples perception.

How long will we go till we look and see that china is growing to fast for its own good and using lead based paint to keep the machine going is the first in a long line of problems we will see if we open our eyes.

and Robert I call bias on Nissan..what if I was not a coffee drinker and took the test drive. hmmm??? They assume every nissan test driver is a coffee drinker. Shame on them
IMO, people here ASSUME that if it's on the shelf, some government body or private firm has inspected and approved it to be there. They assume that if Wally-World (or anyone else) is selling it to me, then it must be safe.
That is the paramount falacy of our modern shopper.

I have harped before about the risk of buying imported (crap-quality) tools and power equipment. Who wants an air tank on a compressor that is not ASME certified? You want an air tank at your legs to blow apart while your are taking the lugs off wour car? I don't. Cheap wrenches breaking while you are pulling on it as hard as you can - sending your knuckles into a shredder of brackets and pulleys on the front of your engine? I have personally busted several cheap sockets that belonged to friends (while I was helping them work on their stuff with their tools).

The recent food scares? Pet food? People food?

I'm sorry, I just don't trust them. To me, it's buyer beware.
Sad thing is, there are so many in this country that have the exact attitude you mocked in the above post. It's true.

BUT, let's take it one step further... the old bat that bought a coffee in McDonalds' drive thru a few years back, spilled it on her and got scalded.
1) If the friggin coffee wasn't hot, she'd have returned it and b1tched at them.
2) She had no business trying to drink hot coffee while driving - it's illegal in Europe because they are ahead of us in trying to legislate common sense.
3) She should have never been allowed to file a suit against McDonalds for having coffee that was "too hot" in the first place.
4) Even after it went through all the legal procedures, they should have never allowed her to have such a huge settlement.

My point with this example is how we (America's public at-large) have allowed stupidity and ignorant "shopping/buying" to flourish, and even rewarded the stupidest of consumers for their buying-ignorance. By our laws, it seems that they are supposed to be able to buy anything for sale, and it never be able to hurt, harm, endanger, or threaten them in any way, and it must also perform perfectly, meet their every expectation, and be 100% air-tight safe. If it fails any of those criteria, the consumer can simply file a lawsuit and get rich.

How can we expect the buying public to ever give a crap about what they buy if we 1) don't educate them, and 2) reward their stupidity?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG
...and Robert I call bias on Nissan..what if I was not a coffee drinker and took the test drive. hmmm??? They assume every nissan test driver is a coffee drinker. Shame on them
Anyone who isn't a coffee drinker should never be ALLOWED to buy a Nissan or any vehicle for that matter!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ProudPony
Cheap wrenches breaking while you are pulling on it as hard as you can - sending your knuckles into a shredder of brackets and pulleys on the front of your engine? I have personally busted several cheap sockets that belonged to friends (while I was helping them work on their stuff with their tools).
If it says Taiwan.... It's about to Hurt!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 PM

Yeah...I can't wait!

Exactly. China views the 08 Olympics as their westernized world stage debut.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM

Anyone who isn't a coffee drinker should never be ALLOWED to buy a Nissan or any vehicle for that matter!!!
LOL..I agree to that..though my wife might not be to happy about it