Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: Being fully aware of GM problems, are you still pulling for them?
YES
84.78%
NO
0%
For all their mistakes/screw-ups they must reap what they sowed
13.04%
GM a dinosaur that's going extinct and better things will eventually replace it after it dies.
2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Being fully aware of GM problems, are you still pulling for them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:44 PM

Being fully aware of GM's problems, are you still pulling for them?

Im pulling for them.

Last edited by johnsocal; 04-29-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:48 PM

Re: Being fully aware of GM problems, are you still pulling for them?

Who would not want to pull for them?? I mean they are a large part of our economy. It would be in everyones best interests for GM to succeed.

BUT as bad as it may sound, I think GM might have to declare bankruptcy in order for necessary changes to come around.. I do not think GM's corporate world pulling the strings have got a clue right now. Wagoneer has not even come out with a clear and consise plan yet.. He needs to turn GM upside down, and I do not think he is the person to pull that off. Hopefully for GM he is.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Re: Being fully aware of GM's problems, are you still pulling for them?

Originally Posted by johnsocal

Yes.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 PM

Of course.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:00 PM

Most definitely!!!!!!

I also am hoping that the turn around happens and we are rewarded for our beliefs with GREAT/EXCITING products in the future.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:01 PM

Well on one hand I know they are a significant part of our economy; so that alone has me rooting for them without a doubt. HOWEVER, that doesn't make me into a blindly led fanboy who's going to buy GM vehicles regardless of any superior options I have. If I bought a GM vehicle just because GM is doing poorly financially, well to me that's not much different than me giving a big portion of my paycheck every month to a hobo because he's broke and I feel bad for him. I just don't play that game. I buy from who I think most deserves my money. Not who has the saddest puppy dog face.

Especially from a company who has told us for decades now in various forms and fashions that "OK I know we sucked before, but look at us now!!". They almost always improve themselves when they say stuff like that, but it's never nearly enough improvement to catch up to the competition overall. It's like the boy who cried wolf, and even if they are finally for real this time, it may be too little too late.

Like the husband who slapped his wife around for 20 years and kept promising to stop only to go back to his old ways.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:07 PM

Of course.

I think you have to realized that GM's current predicament is the result of 20+ years of bad management decisions, i.e. cookie cutter cars, corporate buy-outs, starting an entirely new division within an already bloated empire, letting toothpaste marketing people run projects instead of product people, and (IMO) questionable union negotiations.

Like Kevin Costner said in 'Bull Durham': "We're dealing with alot of **** here."

I would also like to add I am getting impatient with false promises and tales of better things to come.....
Old 04-29-2005, 03:19 PM

Yes. My family has put millions of trouble free miles on GM cars and trucks over the years, I'd like to continue with that.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Threxx
Well on one hand I know they are a significant part of our economy; so that alone has me rooting for them without a doubt. HOWEVER, that doesn't make me into a blindly led fanboy who's going to buy GM vehicles regardless of any superior options I have. If I bought a GM vehicle just because GM is doing poorly financially, well to me that's not much different than me giving a big portion of my paycheck every month to a hobo because he's broke and I feel bad for him. I just don't play that game. I buy from who I think most deserves my money. Not who has the saddest puppy dog face.

Especially from a company who has told us for decades now in various forms and fashions that "OK I know we sucked before, but look at us now!!". They almost always improve themselves when they say stuff like that, but it's never nearly enough improvement to catch up to the competition overall. It's like the boy who cried wolf, and even if they are finally for real this time, it may be too little too late.

Like the husband who slapped his wife around for 20 years and kept promising to stop only to go back to his old ways.
Threxx I think you make a good point that a majority of the population can aggree with.

I AM pulling for GM. I will buy GM should all things else be considered equal. I think GMT900 will either be the savior (K-car for Chrysler) or the final nail for GM.
If they have to start putting rebates on the trucks to move them at the current levels then GM may as well sell off or kill of a lot of its brands and just concentrate on Chevy and Caddy.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM

Yes.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:03 PM

Thumbs up Re: Being fully aware of GM problems, are you still pulling for them?

Originally Posted by Kevin_G
Who would not want to pull for them?? I mean they are a large part of our economy. It would be in everyones best interests for GM to succeed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am, and so is everyone in my group of friends. And Most of them are Diehard Ford fans
Old 04-29-2005, 04:13 PM

Yes, still pulling for them. I'd love to add to the GM side of the collection again soon.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:28 PM

H&ll Yeah, you don't desert friends in bad times...when I've needed a reliable, low maintanance cost, fun vehicle to drive...they've been there for me.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:13 PM

For all their mistakes/screw-ups they must reap what they sowed.....

And form that learn from it. Make cars people want to buy. Dont go cheap on us or force products to the public. Simple as that, but yes I dont want them to go out of business.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:22 PM

With this being a pro-GM site I would assume that the majority of the members would be pulling for the General (despite some self-destructive tendancies on the part of the mother ship). Except of course for the odd troll who have nothing but anti-GM negativity to spew every time their digits come in contact with the keyboard which has make us all wonder why they even bother coming here in the first place.

That said......... yessir.

Quick Reply: Being fully aware of GM problems, are you still pulling for them?