Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: Which styling direction should the 6th gen Camaro take?
An evolution of the 5th gen.
58.76%
Something completely fresh.
41.24%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

6th gen Camaro styling poll.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 2K1SunsetSS
completely new inside and out but willing to bet it will be like the c5->c6 changes.
Actually Tom I wouldn't mind that at all. Newer, better interior (non-retro please) and a smaller, lighter overall package with evolutionary styling changes would be just fine by me.

Difference is, C5 --> C6 carried over a lot of the mechanicals, an Alpha Camaro would not.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM

I'd like to see an evolution of the current design. For me I'd rather have a trunk than a hatchback, however I could be swayed the other way if they can keep close to the looks of the current 5th gen.

P.S. Also, and I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, if you have already decided you don't like or you're not purchasing a 5th gen for one reason or another, personally I don't care what your styling opinions are for the 6th gen. If you don't love all Camaros, regardless of generation, quite frankly, I don't care what you have to say.

But that's just my 2¢

Last edited by jg95z28; 02-16-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jg95z28
P.S. Also, and I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, if you have already decided you don't like or you're not purchasing a 5th gen for one reason or another, personally I don't care what your styling opinions are for the 6th gen. If you don't love all Camaros, regardless of generation, quite frankly, I don't care what you have to say.

But that's just my 2¢
Loving it and buying it aren't quite the same. I love the 5th gen, but I can't justify buying one.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
Loving it and buying it aren't quite the same. I love the 5th gen, but I can't justify buying one.
That's different. I love the 3rd gens, but couldn't afford the insurance at the time. By the time I could afford the insurance on a new Z/28, the 4th gens were in production.

I guess my post is more directed at people who simply dislike the 5th gen. I have no problem with people disliking it for one reason or another. What I do have a problem with is those people dictating what my next generation Camaro will look like.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I guess my post is more directed at people who simply dislike the 5th gen. I have no problem with people disliking it for one reason or another. What I do have a problem with is those people dictating what my next generation Camaro will look like.
That design screams Camaro. I want the next generation to do the same. The car shouldn't even need Camaro badges to let people know it is a Camaro.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM

I find these poll results interesting so far........
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
Seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I'm sure there were a lot of enthusiasts that said Keep it styled like the concept just the way it is.

As nice as the Regal RS is, I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed if that was the layout used in the 2010 Camaro

You mean GS? That's the grandma interior of the base Regal.

I think I've told this story about the interior before. I got a little preview of it from one of the designers. I've spoken with and like this designer, so when he asked me: Waddya think Charlie?, I didn't want to be rude, and kept my opinion to myself. After the reveal though, I can honestly say that almost all of us there didn't like the interior - and were quite vocal about it.

I was told by more than one GM rep, that I shouldn't worry, that's not the interior the production car is getting.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z284ever
I didn't want to be rude, and kept my opinion to myself. After the reveal though, I can honestly say that almost all of us there didn't like the interior - and were quite vocal about it.

I was told by more than one GM rep, that I shouldn't worry, that's not the interior the production car is getting.
Just curious -- what don't you like about it? I think it looks awesome -- just about perfect, aside from the lack of a manual shifter and clutch.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:54 PM

Just curious -- what don't you like about it? I think it looks awesome -- just about perfect, aside from the lack of a manual shifter and clutch.
I don't like the steering wheel, IP, dash, center stack, 4-pack, and shifter. Everything else is fine.

EDIT: We're talking about the Camaro, right?

Last edited by Z284ever; 02-16-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:58 PM

You mean GS? That's the grandma interior of the base Regal.

I think I've told this story about the interior before. I got a little preview of it from one of the designers. I've spoken with and like this designer, so when he asked me: Waddya think Charlie?, I didn't want to be rude, and kept my opinion to myself. After the reveal though, I can honestly say that almost all of us there didn't like the interior - and were quite vocal about it.
oops...yes the Regal GS (not RS), I'm pretty sure that was the one in the picture.

edit: maybe not, the seats in the above picture look different.

Are you talking about the Regal GS or Camaro?

Last edited by Z28x; 02-16-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Are you talking about the Regal GS or Camaro?
Regal. Charlie, which were you responding about?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Regal. Charlie, which were you responding about?
Camaro...
Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM

edit: maybe not, the seats in the above picture look different.

Those are the beautiful Recaro seats in the GS.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Camaro...
So how do you feel about Regal's interior?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
You see Camaro's in traffic down in Australia? More than once?

Wow.
Yes!

Holden test them occasionally. They definitely stand out from the traffic. Nothing else looks like 'em.

OT: There was also a Z06 on the road that I saw a couple of weeks back. What a beautiful, beautiful car. It's a shame Holden don't sell them down here - no thanks to GM, of course!

But you Americans don't know how good you've got it over there especially given how cheap your cars are compared to ours. That Z06 is $AUD220,000 (RHD converted).

Quick Reply: 6th gen Camaro styling poll.