Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

2010 SRX in action

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:06 PM

2010 SRX in action

http://jalopnik.com/5117031/2010-cad...addy-crossover

Reminds me a lot of the MKX (its main competitor) from the profile.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM

I like the looks of that a lot!

Very nice.

Jeff
Old 12-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Koz

hah, that was kinda neat.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:45 PM

I saw a few of those running around when I was at Milford last week. Pretty sharp looking, though the Theta roots are evident in the profile. I wonder how it will feel next to the Sigma-based SRX, which has been lauded for its handling capabilities.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 96_Camaro_B4C
I wonder how it will feel next to the Sigma-based SRX, which has been lauded for its handling capabilities.
Wrong Wheel Drive probably won't help the new one in that comparison. Maybe if they have an AWD version it will be ok.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 PM

Looks waaaaay better than the current gen.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by texas94z
Looks waaaaay better than the current gen.
I agree. The current SRX is fugly.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 AM

As a current owner of the 'fugly' SRX, there's almost a 0% chance that I would buy this new, Saturn VUE based SRX... FWD based platform... smaller (less utility, less seating capacity)... no thanks. Not the same kind of vehicle at all.

I won't pay Cadillac money for a rebadge.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Xed
As a current owner of the 'fugly' SRX, there's almost a 0% chance that I would buy this new, Saturn VUE based SRX... FWD based platform... smaller (less utility, less seating capacity)... no thanks. Not the same kind of vehicle at all.

I won't pay Cadillac money for a rebadge.
Completely different platform than the Vue...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65
Completely different platform than the Vue...

I've yet to see any proof of that other than the "Theta Premium" nametag that gets used, which, at best suggests the Theta platform with some upgrades.

On top of that, it looks incredibly close to the VUE in profile... roof line....all the way down to the big swoosh body line.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 AM

I've yet to see any proof of that other than the "Theta Premium" nametag that gets used, which, at best suggests the Theta platform with some upgrades.

On top of that, it looks incredibly close to the VUE in profile... roof line....all the way down to the big swoosh body line.
Nope...SRX is on Theta-Epsilon, a new cross between the Theta crossover platform and midsize Epsilon platform. Vue is on Theta II. The new Equinox is on some sort of cross between Theta I and Theta II.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 AM

Nope...SRX is on Theta-Epsilon, a new cross between the Theta crossover platform and midsize Epsilon platform. Vue is on Theta II. The new Equinox is on some sort of cross between Theta I and Theta II.

Do you have a link to anything that supports this? I have never heard this before, not saying you are wrong, but I had not even heard that Theta and Epsilon are even closely related, let alone closely enough to 'merge'.

Even if that were all true, a FWD based, smaller, SRX does not appeal to me, but I am curious as to where this info is coming from.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Do you have a link to anything that supports this? I have never heard this before, not saying you are wrong, but I had not even heard that Theta and Epsilon are even closely related, let alone closely enough to 'merge'.

Even if that were all true, a FWD based, smaller, SRX does not appeal to me, but I am curious as to where this info is coming from.
Sure do. I'm a member over at GMInsideNews. We usually get a lot of information from sources inside GM or in dealerships.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ml#post1600459

One of our admins goes by the name of nsap. He's usually the one who posts info like that. He explains the new platforms somewhere on that page I listed above.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:03 AM

Sure do. I'm a member over at GMInsideNews. We usually get a lot of information from sources inside GM or in dealerships.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ml#post1600459

One of our admins goes by the name of nsap. He's usually the one who posts info like that. He explains the new platforms somewhere on that page I listed above.

Thanks for the link, I browsed the thread some, but couldn't really fin anything... probably there, just a bear browsing 20 pages of posts.

It'd be interesting to see a list of what exactly/specifically is different between the VUE, Equinox and SRX... Some folks have said Lucerne and DTS are not on the same platform, but they look nearly identical except for sheetmetal... all the way down to the identical interior.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the link, I browsed the thread some, but couldn't really fin anything... probably there, just a bear browsing 20 pages of posts.

It'd be interesting to see a list of what exactly/specifically is different between the VUE, Equinox and SRX... Some folks have said Lucerne and DTS are not on the same platform, but they look nearly identical except for sheetmetal... all the way down to the identical interior.
Interiors will definitely be different. We've seen all three interiors, and the SRX's is far more upscale and luxurious than the other two. The Equinox's isn't as luxurious, but still looks pretty nice. As for the VUE...nothing's changed.

The platforms will most likely have a lot of structural differences which would affect vehicle handling and what powerplants can be used. The VUE's insanely overweight and sluggish, so I'm guessing the SRX's and Equinox's platforms have been lightened considerably, especially when the Equinox is going to be using a 2.4L DI VVT I-4 with 182 HP.

Quick Reply: 2010 SRX in action