Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

'06 Charger....Job One, 4/04/05.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by formula79
The more I see this, the more awesome it seems....I bet people felt thesame way about 1971
Here is the 6.1 300C pic.

Here is the one for the SRT-10 QC.

The SRT-10 QC is rumored to show up in 2005. Probably with the midlife redesign. The 6.1 is suppose to show up in the HD Rams to replace the V10, but then there the the V10 Hemi that is rumored too so who knows for sure. Did find this interesting:

"Inside sources say the Hemi in the Magnum and Charger SRT8s will be expaned to 6.1 liters, and produce more than 420 hp."
"....possibly expanding the Hemi V8 to ten cylinders for the next Viper and a top-of-the-line Chrysler sedan based on the LX platform."
"Also in the pipeline is a Hemi-based V10...the proposed ten-cylinder Hemi would be significantly smaller and lighter than the current Viper powerplant, be adaptable for use in the Ram pickup, and have standard cylinder deactivation."

This would help support that rumor that the 300C will NOT have the 6.1. What is interesting is the Magnum and Charger SRT8s are two different cars, there is no connection made between the two.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:42 AM

that's less than a year away!! where are our spy shots?? No one's seen any mules running around Detroit?

Does anyone know if the car will have a 6-speed? and will the 6.1 be iron or aluminium?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by formula79
The more I see this, the more awesome it seems....I bet people felt thesame way about 1971
By 1971 the Muscle Car era was ending big time. More like 1964.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:04 PM

Looks like Dodge is heading toward the right direction bringing back an old legend. The consept also lookes great that I saw in a mag wich I forgot wich one it was.
But are you pondering what I am pondering? ....
"""Great looking muscle car, alot of oomf, and most inportant less buck for the BANG!!""""
Dont ya think the car will be a great seller????
WAKE UP GM!!!... The same thing could have been done with the Camaro, but no they just felt like pulling the plug and then bring out that thing that is called SSR??? Super Sport Retard?!!
"""Well over priced as we know, just about near 300hp, and not that much of a great look."""
Do you think its going to sell, I personaly dont think so. I will give the truck 2-3yrs of life.
O well, just got a little preasure off of me. But it is nice to see other auto makers taking the right step.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by zlightning
If we are entering a new Muscle Car era I think it should blow the doors off of the 60's-70's era because the technology is so much better.
As sweet as it is getting a new muscle car era ushered in, we have to look at one of the major things that killed the first one...a friggin gas crisis!!! I fear that that gas prices may kill these brutes before they get a chance to hit the streets. On the other hand.... to DMX for getting real american iron back in the dealerships. Maybe BMW should buy GM...
Old 06-01-2004, 02:05 PM

More information please. I was waiting for some deep rebates come December, but if you are correct, I better wait for the Charger.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:11 PM

Seems Chrysler just keeps rolling along. Good thing, their fans have only waited how many years for this renaissance? The Charger should be another hit for Chrysler.

Originally posted by lightning2000
"""Well over priced as we know, just about near 300hp, and not that much of a great look."""
Do you think its going to sell, I personaly dont think so. I will give the truck 2-3yrs of life.
The power thing will be solved with the LS2 being added to it. Formula79 made a post about a month or so ago about it. You may not like the looks, but the SSR will no longer be dissed for its power output
Old 06-01-2004, 04:21 PM

Question

does anyone know when we will see some more real concrete info?? will the charger weigh the same as the 300?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:43 PM

Seems more like a rumor. I've seen nothing concrete from any source. Can someone point to a source that say's the 2006 Charger is being built?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by NikiVee
Seems more like a rumor. I've seen nothing concrete from any source. Can someone point to a source that say's the 2006 Charger is being built?
I'll let you read the 80+ pages for yourself.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:19 PM

Interesting reading indeed.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:39 PM

What kinda aftermarket suport doeas Cryhsler have. The more I see that Magnum the more I like it. And what do one of thsoe weigh in at?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:50 PM

I am thinking that it will be available with he current hemi for well under 30k. The magnum is a wagon and sells for under 30k! A coupe with the same engine on the same platform should be cheaper. I think the 6.1L will be their "Most horsepower for under 40k" like the Magnum is to 30k and srt4 was to 20k.

........now if they would just build the dodge razor Iwouldbe very happy
Old 06-01-2004, 10:38 PM

We should be hearing something within a few days on either the Charger or Enforcer. Found this over on DodgeMagnum.net:

from bramptonassembly.com (quoting becuse you need an account to view)

Quote:
Keep your eyes open in the next couple of days, supposily, today bodyshop shut down 30 mins early to setup the lines for the C_____r. So, we might see it passing through in a day or two

Quote:
they were actually working on setting up the line on midnights last night.

Quote:
I heard that stamping has been making panels for a while now, but assembly has no Charger parts on-line yet
Also, the SRT version of the SRT is suppose to striped of its chrome except for the grill and the chrome around it.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:53 PM

Man I can't wait to see the new Charger. If it looks anything like the concepts I might go buy one. GM better hurry up before they lose lots of potential customers to other companies. However the faithfuls will still stick around. Even if I buy a Charger I will still go buy a new Camaro(when one comes out).

I certainly hope we are entering a new muscle car era.