Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

'05 GT runs 13.4 stock, 12.5 with bolt-ons and DOT's.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Re: '05 GT runs 13.4 stock, 12.5 with bolt-ons and DOT's.

very impressive...new GT might very well be in my near future...1st they need some new wheels...and those bullets arent cutting it either
Old 11-27-2004, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman
There are those that say E-town is a fast track...IMO, it's "not bad". I personally think Cecil is faster. HRP also is fast. The day of this test was last Monday, as a NJ resident with an office 10 minutes from E-town, I can say that it was definitely not mineshaft air that day. In fact, as I recall, it rained later in the day.
S.
The rep for E-town stems from an abundance of quick times coming out of there from mags and internet hot shoes. At least, from my experience.

Point is, I figure that if the '05 V8 Mustang dynos stock in the 270 RWHP range, that it's a mid-13 car on a good track with a good shoe and higher times are expected as the talent and the track fall off.

This is no sin nor indictment on the car's abilities. Seems that most anectdotal reports from regular folks from "regular" tracks up to this point are for upper 13's. By the way, I don't see this as as being "dog" territory by any stretch.

I have no "problem" with the new Mustang, beyond never finding the handling that good from my personal context.

I have my questions Yes, questions and maybe a bit of scepticism regarding upper 13 second, 3600 pound cars becoming mid 12 cars with relative ease. The weight and dyno numbers up to this point haven't made that so easy for me to swallow.

It's with the same troubled eye I look at reports of high 11 second passes with stock Z06's.

I'm reminded of the insurance ads on TV that talk about the wonderful way things are in the town of "Perfect". Every time I went road racing, it was not in a town by that name. Seems I was forced to making laps on tracks which were all located in "Reality".

Last edited by 1fastdog; 11-27-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:21 PM

Everyone knows....Atco is the faster track over Etown....
But thats because the track is only 1300 feet, and its down hill...or is that he excuse for Cecil?
Old 11-27-2004, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastdog
I find it curious, don't you Bob? You are a racer and as we all know racer's figure the obstacles and weigh the penalties or just beef to avoid them. Closing the TB is just plain wierd IMO.

Trans tech has gone backward for the sake of EPA standards which I, as well as you have noted.

I run a Cal in my car designed for T1 SCCA class racing. It's been a been a successful cal. I'm happy with it.

Most "anti- abuse" Cals are designed for stopping the loons that will not lift on wheelhop or to save weak assed automatics that need timing dialed out at shift points.

This notion of shutting the throttlebody near high RPMs is just strange, at least in my knowledge of computer controlled engines which is primarily in the GM way of doing things.

There are so many other ways to go, be it timing retard or injector pulse reductions, when it come to saving parts from over ethusiastic drivers.
Let me state again that I am in no way sure that this is what is going on - it is only a possibility. It makes sense - shutting the throttle would likely kill more power than just pulling timing.

Obviously I wouldn't like it regardless.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Big Als Z
Everyone knows....Atco is the faster track over Etown....
But thats because the track is only 1300 feet, and its down hill...or is that he excuse for Cecil?
atcos usually good for another 2-3 tenths...but Englishtown has been gettin better recently from whatever there doing differently