Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

Your idea regarding brakes and suspension parts.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:40 PM

Question Your idea regarding brakes and suspension parts.

Im looking to attend about 20 PDA track events with my 99 T/A that puts down 400rwhp this year and I'm looking to upgrade my cars suspension and brakes.I'm still undecided about which sway bars I'm going to use.But I was thinking about a 35mm front hollow bar and a 1LE rear bar.For brakes I was thinking about using Wilwood's 6 piston front brake kit.But I'm not sure if I should get drilled or undrilled rotors.Now for suspension I am not sure if I should use Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein's. I was also thinking about LG's full coil over kit but I'm not sure if I want to deal with adjusting my springs for every track condition.Don't get me wrong I now the LG setup is great but I'm not looking to really go that crazy with the tweaking.I'm looking for the best combo in brakes and suspension for the track and still be able to (occasional)cruise around town without scrapping the whole bottom of the car.I want to just get in and drive and do the occasional brake pad change.I don't think this car will see anymore 1/4 mile racing because a took out the 12 bolt and put back the stocker so I want this car to stick to the track like a slice of cheese to the kitchen floor.I currently have 275/45/17's on the back but I'm not looking to upgrade to 315's because I don't want to run ZR1 rims on a T/A.Is there a better brake setup for the money? Will another brake setup like the porsche setup work better? Am I just wrong about the hassle of the LG coilover setup? I thank everyone in advance for their opinions and insight.