Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Looks the Best
Wings West High Rise Spoiler
3.92%
SS Spoiler
74.51%
RS 3-piece spoiler
17.65%
Stock z28 spoiler
3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:03 AM

Re: Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoile

Originally Posted by hatredizm
I will have fun blending in with the cool crowd. Dont you have a fart can to go install with the gay ricer wing?
lol that's not even worth arguing over, that comment just shows what you're all about.

Last edited by meissen; 04-01-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:40 AM

Re: Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoiler

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
You know what goes good with a fart can? A Hypertech tune.

I dont understand when it became cool to bash people over their cars and thier opinions to do whatever they want to them. There's a thin line between sharing ones opinion and being a total douche.
When somone puts together a POLL asking for opinions, they should be tough skinned enough to handle it. I voted in the poll and gave MY opinion. He replied with the bashing. Now if youre butthurt by it also, why dont you two take a stroll on the beach while holding hands and swapping spit. Then afterwards you can help him install the neon light kit he probably has in the garage waiting to go on the car.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:47 PM

Re: Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoiler

Did you actually read my post or did you just wait for someone to quote you so you could attempt to make a sassy come back? My point was there is a difference between constructive critisim and just being mean. For example, I dont like meissenation hood. I could be ghey and post how much I dislike it or I could share my opinion respectfully with him, respect his choice to use it, then move on. That's what adults do. Anyways this thread got off track. Let's all just move on.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:17 PM

Re: Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoile

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
The stock Z/28 and SS spoilers are the only ones that should be on a Camaro, period!
i second that...

a'men brother
Old 04-01-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Did you actually read my post or did you just wait for someone to quote you so you could attempt to make a sassy come back? My point was there is a difference between constructive critisim and just being mean. For example, I dont like meissenation hood. I could be ghey and post how much I dislike it or I could share my opinion respectfully with him, respect his choice to use it, then move on. That's what adults do. Anyways this thread got off track. Let's all just move on.
Well said. The problem with general message boards that are for everyone and anyone to come on to is that no one seems to have any sense of respect, it's like an e-punk fest seeing who can bash the other person the most. It's amazing the difference between one site where everyone's just some internet name and another site where it's people you actually see out on the road everyday and talk to in person. The level of respect towards one another is like night and day between the two.

Lastly, I wasn't bashing you, hatredizm. I was simply saying have fun blending in with the crowd, as a stock Camaro will not stand out. Obviously, if you're going to choose all stock parts as appearance mods, you're not trying to stand out. Hence, I was using positive reinforcement towards your choice of action towards appearance mods.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Me personally...

I don't like the RS type 3 piece spoilers so would not recommend them. Some cars do look OK with them but it is not one of my preferences.

A Wings West high rise spoiler or any type of high spoiler works ONLY if you have ground effects. No ground effects and the high rise spoiler looks a bit goofy to me.

No ground effects, I like the 98+ SS style spoiler. Subtle but nice

Stock... stock is boring. BUT, I like the stock spoiler if using the Callaway entire body kit. Call me an odd ball
Old 04-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Me personally...

I don't like the RS type 3 piece spoilers so would not recommend them. Some cars do look OK with them but it is not one of my preferences.

A Wings West high rise spoiler or any type of high spoiler works ONLY if you have ground effects. No ground effects and the high rise spoiler looks a bit goofy to me.

No ground effects, I like the 98+ SS style spoiler. Subtle but nice

Stock... stock is boring. BUT, I like the stock spoiler if using the Callaway entire body kit. Call me an odd ball
I agree with you totally........oddball :x I wasnt attempting to 'bash' anyone for their opinions. I stated it looked 'ricer' to me cause those wings are generally seen on fart can cars. If that offended anyone on an F Body forum Im sorry. But I also dont like the ground effects or body kits. I love when someone takes the look of a stock Z and makes it pop. I just didnt like the wings/spoilers. Would be like me putting on different front clips/rears that werent color matched.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:55 PM

I will be the first to admit that the SS spoiler looks very clean and def. goes with the car and is MUCH better looking than the stock Z28 spoiler (if you can even really call it a spoiler) I also like that it uses an LED bar for the brake light.

The RS spoiler, like the SS, looks a lot better than stock, but it is pretty obvious the pieces are just attached to the top of the Stock spoiler

The main reason I purchased the Wings West Spoiler is that I didn't want to spend $325 (after paint) on a new spoiler to only have it be a Stock camaro part (this would have been the case if I got the SS spoiler). This point was brought up to me by my friend and it made a lot of sense.

Also, I feel the only people who would notice the SS spoiler would be people like us who have camaros, or people who are really into cars. With the west wings spoiler, almost everyone will notice it, and thats more of what I was aiming for.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hatredizm
I agree with you totally........oddball :x I wasnt attempting to 'bash' anyone for their opinions. I stated it looked 'ricer' to me cause those wings are generally seen on fart can cars. If that offended anyone on an F Body forum Im sorry. But I also dont like the ground effects or body kits. I love when someone takes the look of a stock Z and makes it pop. I just didnt like the wings/spoilers. Would be like me putting on different front clips/rears that werent color matched.
Here is one of my favorite pics of my car...

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/94z/94z1.jpg

It's got the ricer wing But, I like it on that car because of the "stance" of that car. However, here is an example where I don't like that same wing...

http://www.extreme-z.com/appearance/...ers/silverwing

I think it looks out of place on that car.

I also don't normally like the Commando style wing. However, I liked it on Crack Hed Matt's car and I really like it on my bud's car. But, my bud's car isn't "normal" and it looks good and "in its place" on his car I think...

http://www.brentfranker.com/gallery/...1/113_1384_IMG
http://www.brentfranker.com/gallery/...1/112_1284_IMG
http://www.brentfranker.com/gallery/...1/112_1282_IMG

But, if you want to see a ton of wings, here you go

http://www.extreme-z.com/appearance/gallery/cspoilers
Old 04-01-2006, 08:12 PM

Wow what are you using to keep the paint on the 94 so fresh? It looks pristine
Old 04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 68z28
Wow what are you using to keep the paint on the 94 so fresh? It looks pristine
Thanks! It's called "Garage Queen"
Old 04-01-2006, 08:16 PM

lol Really? Is it available at any local parts store?
Old 04-01-2006, 08:40 PM

Brent Your car is amazing.... Is it street legal??? Do you think you could take a 1998 Viper RT/10 with K & N Air Filters and a hard top in 1/4 mile?
Old 04-02-2006, 05:40 AM

Ok! Style is cool but what about aerodynamics? Which spoiler really works as an spoiler???

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:39 AM

I think if you have fatties on the back that are as thick as Matt's car, you're allowed to do whatever spoiler, hood, or appearance mod you like lol.

Quick Reply: Wings West High Rise Spoiler vs. SS Spoiler vs. z28 Spoiler vs. RS 3 piece spoiler