Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who makes the best CAMARO Stainless Steel Inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 07:45 PM

Who makes the best CAMARO Stainless Steel Inserts?

I recently ordered and received a set from a non-supporting vendor but immediately sent them back for a refund as they looked like CRAPOLA!

They had scratches on them, laser burns, and nasty burrs around the edges. Plus the adhesive tape looked like it was cut with a meat cleaver. Unacceptable!

Just like the topic listing subject....... Who makes the best CAMARO Stainless Steel Inserts?

Anyone have the ones from MBA? How is the fit and finish?

What about the ones from Stainless Steel Inserts? I heard their letter "R" doesn't fit the bumper indentation very good.

Any input would be appreciated!

Greg
Old 03-31-2003, 08:05 PM

I've heard that the RK SPORT ones are high quality but I never used them myself
Old 03-31-2003, 08:38 PM

www.ssinserts.com my friend got the ss emblems and inserts from them and they rock
Old 03-31-2003, 08:51 PM

not stainless but take a look.....

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm
Old 03-31-2003, 08:58 PM

Rksport!

They look great! Atleast the set that I recieved. I have yet to see any other companies in person so I'm probaly biased. I've also heard some horror stories about their support but have had no problems with them yet. The chrome Z28 package is also great. It really adds a different look to the car esp. if you have chrome rims. They really have some quality work. My badges have survived 6 harsh salt filled Indiana winters and still look great. Their chrome rim packages are also pretty good, I have a set of the stock salad shooters from them that were triple chrome plated and they still look pretty good for seeing 6 years of daily driving even with the tons of salt that they lay in the winter. If you get close enough you can see some chipping and "pits" but what do you expect, any chrome rim will do that after time + salt. I get complients all the time about them.

Later
Old 03-31-2003, 10:07 PM

Here is a second for www.ssinserts.com

They are a supporting vendor and the products are awesome.

You might also want to take a look at MBA. They are also a supporting vendor, and they are offering ss inserts too. And, MBA offers the highest quality stuff available. I just got a TB plate and their aluminum pedal covers. They are simply the best!

Last time I noticed, MBA's inserts were a little less expensive than SSInserts. But, either way, you won't go wrong!

E
Old 03-31-2003, 11:16 PM

you guys, I know alot of people have the SSinserts, but They're not the best. The 'R' isnt the right font, it fits in the place, but doesnt match the surrounding inlay. Steve from subthump.com makes the best ones. I've had mine for almost a year now. His are cheaper too. Definatly check him out if you're in the market!!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by MrCoffee
you guys, I know alot of people have the SSinserts, but They're not the best. The 'R' isnt the right font, it fits in the place, but doesnt match the surrounding inlay...
Hmmm, that's weird. I got one of the first sets from ssinserts when they became a sponsor of the board. I was extremely pleased with the quality.

Click here... to see them on my car. I don't see any problem with the "R".

E
Old 04-01-2003, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by Ernster500
Hmmm, that's weird. I got one of the first sets from ssinserts when they became a sponsor of the board. I was extremely pleased with the quality.

Click here... to see them on my car. I don't see any problem with the "R".

E
I got the first set of Steve's... Then I posted a pic over at camarov6.com, and someone that got theirs from a GP from ssinserts posted his. The difference was obvious. Its not a big deal because people wont actually get that close to your car to be able to tell. I know ssinserts is a sponser here, so you might want to buy from them just becuase of that. But you should at least go over to subthump.com and check out what he's got.

And here's a little war that went on over there as well. http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=5&t=003010

Just so you guys know, I've had mine for about 9 months now, they've lasted through summer and all the snow we got here in VA. That may or may not be a factor, I'm sure SSinserts are just as durable. Just thought I'd add that now so nobody had to wonder.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:06 AM

Personally, I have the SS Inserts and love them. I don't see what the deal is with the "R", mine fits fine. However, if I were to buy now, based on what I've heard from some others, I would probably choose Steve's from subthump.com, but that decision would be mainly based on price. I really don't see a major difference.

Now, on to the real problem. Never in my experience have the words "quality" and "RK Sport" been mentioned in the same sentence. It would be to the benefit of anyone considering RK Sport for parts of any kind, to immediately do some research and find out what they are buying. 9 times out of 10, RK Sport is just rebadging someone elses product and selling as their own with substantial mark-up. Years ago, before I was enlightened enough about RK Sport, I bought a set of their silver 'CAMARO' inserts. Well, after a while they turned yellow. After this happened, I later found out that this was par for the course for RK Sport's emblems in general. So, do yourself a favor and buy from either SS Inserts or Steve from subthump.com. I'm sure either will be of better quality than RK Sport.

Edit: Woops, I didn't see that MBA is offering those letters. So, that being said and knowing first hand of MBA's products, I would go there. Please, if you can avoid RK Sport and put your money towards people that actually support us.

Last edited by RoMaD; 04-01-2003 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:22 AM

ummm is it just me or does that site not work (tubthump.com), I tried it and it said it doesnt exist
Old 04-01-2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
ummm is it just me or does that site not work (tubthump.com), I tried it and it said it doesnt exist
It's just you...try Subthump.com
Old 04-01-2003, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Marky82
I've heard that the RK SPORT ones are high quality but I never used them myself
I can vouch for this! They are a little pricey ($95) but they look amazing with the Berger rear and all...I gotta pics if you want...theres a crappy picture on my site but I can get more if ya want
Old 04-01-2003, 03:50 PM

Seriously guys, thanks for all the replies.

I didn't want to bias anyone on the topic before their reply, and since everyone is being honest, the Subthump inserts are the crappy ones I received and sent back already, so they are a no go. Plus there is a Group Buy on the Corvette Forum from SS Inserts for only $60 shipped so subs price is not the winning factor either.

But I looked at the post listed above and the "R" from SS inserts fits like Shat!
So that won't do.

I appreciate the input very much and from the looks of things it sounds like MBA here I come!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:56 PM

I cant believe you think the subthump ones are bad! I dont want to start a war or anything, but just from my expierence with Steve and my set I'd consider them the best! They fit perfectly, shiny, they've lasted through the snow/ice/raod salt and dirt. I like them alot, thats why I brought them up and provide pics/links!

Quick Reply: Who makes the best CAMARO Stainless Steel Inserts?