Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Where to get Overlays and Inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:49 AM

Where to get Overlays and Inserts?

I need to know of a place besides Brents that sells Inserts and Overlays. Brent's stuff is awesome, but i just straight up dont like paypal. thanks.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:57 PM

I ordered mine from autographics a few years ago, they are great. The vinyl they used at the time was kinda thin and now i see they are pending license on a few decals so you can't order them. I'd go with Brent.

Paypal is the best thing to happen to the internet
Old 05-03-2004, 05:34 PM

Yeah, just ask Brent. I'm sure he would be willing to work something out for ya. I wanted some decals from him but don't have a paypal account, and he worked out a different payment method for me
Old 05-03-2004, 10:32 PM

Paypal is AWESOME....no idea why you guys don't like it
Old 05-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

As for PayPal, I use it all the time and think it is great. But, I realize there are some out there who don't use it... that's why I also take a check or money order.

x94_Camaro_Z28x, if you'd like to do a check/money order/ or even cash for a small order, that's cool. But, if you are saying you'd rather not do that and don't want to do PayPal and are instead wanting to do something like BidPay or something like that, then, yeah, I don't do the other online payment services... just PayPal

Let me know... I'm sure we can work something out
Old 05-04-2004, 05:42 AM

Originally posted by Tair
Paypal is AWESOME....no idea why you guys don't like it
Agree. Sellers never get your credit card numbers for the sale with paypal.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:20 PM

I know, Brent, your Decals are impecable and all, i just hate how the whole e-mail/penpal things work. I'd have no problem sending a check but it would take longer to get here and eveything, and im not the most patient of people.

But if you think you can work with someone like me then go ahead and E-mail me at Fox__II@hotmail.com

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by x94_Camaro_Z28x
I know, Brent, your Decals are impecable and all, i just hate how the whole e-mail/penpal things work. I'd have no problem sending a check but it would take longer to get here and eveything, and im not the most patient of people.

But if you think you can work with someone like me then go ahead and E-mail me at Fox__II@hotmail.com

Thanks for the input guys.
The reason I don't have drop down boxes and an "online" ordering system is because I've found that with these, people like variety and often times something a little different and/or have questions. Since you sound like you WANT an online ordering type thing, you should be EASY to deal with because you'll want nothing odd or custom

I'm not sure what you want me to email to you? Normally people email me telling me they are, for example, sending out $8 for a black rear CAMARO insert. I email them back and tell them I'll let them know when it arrives. My email is bfranker@tampabay.rr.com if you want to shoot me an email with what you had in mind. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 AM

Yeah i guess i'm just used to the whole point-click-order when it comes to buying online. The fact that you like to interact with your customers personally online is actually pretty admirable, but something I'm just not used to at all heh. It's awesome to know though, if i ever needed something strange i could get it.

But surprisingly i found a speed shop here that sells a Z28 kit, in the color and all that i wanted. Yeah, it surprised me too. They didn't have half the selection that you have (and i'll be e-mailing you shortly about the carbon fiber hood emblem- that thing looks sweet) but they had what i wanted, just white overlays and inserts to go on my purple Z.

So yeah, i'll be emailing you shortly about some stuff that you have that i have never seen before, lol.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:18 AM

They didn't have half the selection that you have (and i'll be e-mailing you shortly about the carbon fiber hood emblem- that thing looks sweet) but they had what i wanted, just white overlays and inserts to go on my purple Z.
Let me know how those turn out. The 96 Camaro is purple, and I went through Brent to get a ton of decals for it. We went with the carbon fiber. It looks really good. White seemed "too much" for the purple, and black wasn't enough. So the contrasting pattern of the carbon fiber stands out just enough that someone that is looking at the car notices the subtle custom look.

And Brent dealt with picky me, with a load of BS stuff that had to be different. And he worked with me on it, and gave me a great deal with a bunch of made-to-order stuff.

Brent, I have have been meaning to get back to you, and will have pictures for you this weekend. You did the custom carbon fiber third-brake light for me. It turned out great! The hairdryer was a necessity, though. I will send out an email to you the beginning of next week. This guy is the greatest business owner I have ever dealt with, hands down.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM

Thats awesome, makes me feel better about the order i WILL be placing through Brent pretty soon, as soon as he gets back to me

Yeah theres a bunch of stuff going on there, I'm doing new-school White Hockey Stripes with LT1 on the sides, i already have a fully custom front windshield decal and rear windshield decal on there.

Soon to come are the Carbon fiber hood emblem, the Third Brake Light overlay (with a chevy symbol hopefully) CAMARO Inserts in Silver Metallic and Z28 Overlays in Silver Metallic. Hopefully it won't look all stickered up like an import, as most of these decals go over an emblem and not just randomly somewhere, and if i apply my stripes good enough, then that should look like paint

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

JoshMcMadMac, wow! Thanks for the kind words! I was wondering how things turned out for ya. I had my wonders about the carbon fiber brake light overlay and I can't believe it worked! WOWZA! I can't wait to see some pics of that!!! Thanks again

x94_Camaro_Z28x, thanks! Also, hopefully the local sign shop didn't use "sign vinyl" for your decals. A lot of times (at least around here) the local sign shops don't even stock the good vinyl because it costs too much and only have the vinyl they use when they make signs. There is a big difference between the 5 year sign vinyl and the 7 to 10 year vinyl!

Thanks again guys!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:00 PM

The kind of material they use is the 7-10 year vynl, or at least thats what it says. I guess the test of time will figure that out though. As for being impatient, i just hate waiting, when it comes to actually putting it on im very meticulous.

I actually found out the speed shop got the stripes from here:
http://www.camarographics.com/

Last edited by x94_Camaro_Z28x; 05-05-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

The kind of material they use is the 7-10 year vynl, or at least thats what it says. I guess the test of time will figure that out though. As for being impatient, i just hate waiting, when it comes to actually putting it on im very meticulous.

I actually found out the speed shop got the stripes from here:
http://www.camarographics.com/
That's the 3rdgendecals site. Jay makes that stuff and uses top quality vinyl as well. You should have no issues with it!