Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Wheels, whats your favorite! Help me pick!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 01:49 PM

Wheels, whats your favorite! Help me pick!!

Ok guyz i'm wheel shopping! I can't make up my mind as to what looks hot, i have a bunch on my mind and i see a new set everyday that have potential. Now one major factor is that my car is Medium Orange Metallic in color, dont ask my why but theres rims that i like and i think they'd look bad on my car just becuase of the color, here's a picture of my car as is so maybe you can get a mental ideal of it with rims.
Pic 1
Pic2
All that i ask for is a 17x9.5" rim and it has to be chrome or polished!!
So far this is what i looked at and like:
  • Torque Thrust II
  • 5-spoke SS wheels
  • 10-spoke SS wheels (seen them in GMHTP on a 3rd Gen)
  • 5-spoke "Thin" C5 wheels
  • Cobra R wheels (seen them on a 4th Gen and loved them)

Now tell me what you like!! If theres any others i haven't mentioned that you like alot post it or even better post pix!! Thanx alot guyz, Mike
Old 01-07-2003, 01:53 PM

I guess out of those available options, I would choose the Milan (Cobra R) style.

However, I wouldn't consider 17 inch rims much of a upgrade...
Old 01-07-2003, 02:06 PM

mine !
make ya a good price !!
http://members.cardomain.com/trilogyz28

here is a close up of the style wheel!
http://www.budnik.com/roadwheeldetai...6&pid=567&pg=4
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 PM

I have to go with pu12e on the Milan (Cobra R style)...or the the thin 5 spoke C5 wheels. I think the C5 would look good, but for the bigger car, it may "look" a little weak. So therefore, I would have to lean toward the Cobra R style.

Every other post will probably root for the TTII's though...but remember, they aren't a unique setup for any vehicle these days.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:54 PM

Ya i hear ya on that! I was originally going to go for the TT II's i love the way they look however like u said, everybody and there brothers got them these days.

I am looking for that tough, pissed off look as well like you mentioned, i want to pull up to a light and have peoples jaws hit the ground, haha, thats what i'm looking for!!

I like the Milan Cobra Rs as well, any other suggestions?!
Old 01-07-2003, 03:01 PM

Heres the conflict, the Cobra R's look HOT on 4th Gens, I'm not so sure it'll look that good on a 3rd Gen. What do you think?

Cobra R's on 4th Gen Here!!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:30 PM

Im still a sucker for chrome z06's
Old 01-07-2003, 08:25 PM

Why only 17's?? I regret not getting a bigger wheel when I got mine. If you are upgrading for appearance purposes, 17's are not that big of a difference.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by White30th
Why only 17's?? I regret not getting a bigger wheel when I got mine. If you are upgrading for appearance purposes, 17's are not that big of a difference.
What are you suggesting White30th? Are you saying to go for 18"s or something, i dont know that may be a bit too big, i've seen alot of pix of IROCs with 17" wheels and a 1" drop in the suspension and its perfect, the wheel well fits perfect on the circumferance of the tire with almost no wheel gap, i think that looks HOT!, i've seen an IROC with 18" (the black convertable, with oem 18" iroc wheels) it looks good and i like it but you must do some other modifications to the wheel well when that is done, the big tires hit everything , the 17"ers with 275/40/17 tires fit perfect with no other mods and look hot.. Well lemme know what you think about this, i'm interesting in your opinions..
So far its looking like either the ZR1's or Cobra R's, i'm leaning twards the Cobra R's now, i've only seen one other Camaro with them, i could start a new trend for 3rd gens rather than TT II's.. hehe -Mike
Old 01-08-2003, 06:31 PM

I personally think that 17's just arent that much of a difference (I speak from exeprience.) If you do decide to get 18's, the sidewall on the tire will be a tad bit smaller, so tire rub wouldnt be any bigger of a factor than with 17's, plus you have that much more rim and less tire, which looks way better IMO than a big tire and small wheel. If you think the 17's look killer but want to see 18's, have someone photoshop both sizes for you to see which you think looks better, but I would bet money that the 18's would look better than 17's. Just a thought though...
Old 01-08-2003, 10:22 PM

The wheels that i like the best are the Roh Sniper wheels. They look real good on a f body

http://www.jdwheels.com/images/roh.snyper.jpg
Old 01-09-2003, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by White30th
I personally think that 17's just arent that much of a difference (I speak from exeprience.) If you do decide to get 18's, the sidewall on the tire will be a tad bit smaller, so tire rub wouldnt be any bigger of a factor than with 17's, plus you have that much more rim and less tire, which looks way better IMO than a big tire and small wheel. If you think the 17's look killer but want to see 18's, have someone photoshop both sizes for you to see which you think looks better, but I would bet money that the 18's would look better than 17's. Just a thought though...
HMM, good stuff, well if i was since my tire circumferance is 811, and i bought 17" wheels, i would just buy a tire to fit it that was 811, i suppose i could look for an 18" tire the same way.. :P I'm gonna try that photoshop trick, thats a good idea

Synpers are sweet too, i like them as well, but they are also pretty common on Fbods, same with the ROH ZS, very popular Thanx again for the ideas!
Old 01-09-2003, 12:11 PM

I would definately go with a "deep dish" style rim like the torque thrusts. Third gens are kind of a cross between old school and modern style so I don't think the Vette rims with a positive offset would look good on your car. They are too modern. Stick with something that has a negative offset. Negative offset wheels look better that positive offset wheels anyway.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:05 PM

Some reason I think the 5-spoke SS rims in chrome would look choice
Old 01-10-2003, 04:48 PM

Check my signature and the links to pictures of them on my car (4th gen).

Quick Reply: Wheels, whats your favorite! Help me pick!!