Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What route to go.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 PM

What route to go.....

I'm not sure which way to go appearance wise on my camaro. Its a black 98 z28. Pics in sig. I liked the ss look alot but its only a z28. I was thinking zo6 rims, ss hood and spoiler and these stripes in silver.
http://www.youngsfbody.com/inc/sdetail/8627
The only problem with this is its a z28 not an ss. would it be stupid to do all those things and keep the z28 badges or just get ss badges? Any other appearance ideas are welcome to.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 PM

Only a Z? You need to research what a Z/28 is. Personally, I don't see why people don't capitalize on the Z/28 heritage.

Slap a Sonoco style cowl hood or even the UltraZ hood, some vintage Z/28 badging and what ever spoiler and wheels you choose. Actually the tall lip spoiler like GMS made is reminescent of the 2nd gen Z28's.

You can have a VERY clean looking Z that will stand out from the crowd w/out making it a SS clone.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Pay it off first. Keep gas in it and keep it maintained....I'm sure thats more than you can afford
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 PM

If you want some different badging, look into some aftermarket or retro Z28 badges. Check my sig for an idea. If you want something a little bit different, try a other hoods/spoilers. Such as Mecham spoiler, LT1 SS spoiler, or just go with an LS1 style. Look into an Ultra Z hood or a sunoco cowl. My car looks like an SS but has aftermarket Z28 badges, and I love it. Like I mentioned in your last thread, I went through the SS clone stage and hated it. As a true Camaro enthusiast, I felt like a poser. lol. Here's some pics of my badges.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 PM

^^^that Is Heaven!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 AM

Pay it off.

Absolute best mod out there.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM

These guys seem to think you're young, so if that's true, do what they're telling you to do. So many younger guys get these cars and they start hot rodding them, but then have to sell them in a crisis.

Keep the oil changed, keep it clean, and keep it in a garage if you can. That'll make it look better than the majority of Camaros out there. Most look like crap in Dallas, because the guys who buy them can't afford to shelter them from the sun and dirty rain.

If you don't have a garage, your first mod should be buying a car cover.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brangeta
These guys seem to think you're young, so if that's true, do what they're telling you to do. So many younger guys get these cars and they start hot rodding them, but then have to sell them in a crisis.

Keep the oil changed, keep it clean, and keep it in a garage if you can. That'll make it look better than the majority of Camaros out there. Most look like crap in Dallas, because the guys who buy them can't afford to shelter them from the sun and dirty rain.

If you don't have a garage, your first mod should be buying a car cover.
he is 16 or 17

edit: Date of Birth:
January 6, 1992
WoW.....yeah save that money. The people giving advice probly had to learn the hard way, so listen

Last edited by mdacton; 01-03-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Well... in that case, don't do anything to it! Just pray you don't put it into a wall or have some guy at school come by and key it! That's all I did while in high school with the Z28! pray nobody screwed up my baby!

(I laugh... but it's true. I had a lot of jealous people giving me door dings just because I had a cool car. Someone even put a chewed up piece of carmel or brown gum () deep under my spoiler once, and it dried there and it was very difficult to remove. It could have been there for 2 weeks, they put it near the middle of the underside of it...)
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Ah he will be 16 in a few days, let him mod!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 AM

I think you should put your ls1 in the garage, buy a beater and drive it till your 18 or so. that way, you can get more experience driving, drive something with better mpg and cheaper insurance so you can mod your car with the money your saving. getting that car is a special thing at your age and it would be a horrible thing to ruin it. I have too many friends that wrecked nice cars shortly after getting their licsense.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 AM

At 16, the best mod ever is the driver mod. If you have money to burn, take a performance driving coarse and spend some time at open track events.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:20 AM

Oh yeah, another good mod at that age is to have full coverage insurance. If you just have liability, and get in a wreck, you don't get any money to fix your own car. Which really sucks!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 PM

wow you guys are really being rough with the kid. You guys have no idea his driving skill level. I have a friend who was driving for Audi at the age of 17. You just never know. Maybe he saved up hismoney and bought the car outright? who knows.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by EastonBall
Maybe he saved up hismoney and bought the car outright? who knows.
not likely but I guess its possible.

Quick Reply: What route to go.....