Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Well, what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:43 PM

Re: Well, what do you think??

The emblem was laid and then clearcoated over everything. If worse comes to worse down the road I can take a razor knife and cut along the outside edge of the emblem and remove it and then put a new coat of clear on top of it. I checked with the supplier before I began to make sure that was an option.
As for the mustang thing, I love the new styling but having been a mopar man in my past drag racing life it would take a lot less to get me to got back to mopar than to switch to Mustang. I did have one - 1988 5.0 that my son now owns.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by BLDun
The emblem was laid and then clearcoated over everything. If worse comes to worse down the road I can take a razor knife and cut along the outside edge of the emblem and remove it and then put a new coat of clear on top of it. I checked with the supplier before I began to make sure that was an option.
As for the mustang thing, I love the new styling but having been a mopar man in my past drag racing life it would take a lot less to get me to got back to mopar than to switch to Mustang. I did have one - 1988 5.0 that my son now owns.
One day I will own a garage and me and my son will work on our V8's together. I envy you. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 PM

yea tru someday i will have a garage with a lift and i can work on my baby too....i love the floor and me and my dad plan on redoing our garage...im going to show him this...and encourage it....i loveeeeeeee it.....
Old 07-09-2006, 12:04 AM

Would be awesome if it was a HUGE Z28 in the middle.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:38 AM

I like it, lots!

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Why not a Mustang? Pure horsepower, great styling, and fast 1/4 times scare you?: Nice floor btw.
Hee, hee hee.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:55 AM

looks nice, im may do something like that one day hah
Old 07-09-2006, 12:51 PM

That looks superb! If you don't mind my asking, about how much should one expect to pay doing something similar to their own garage? Keep up the good work.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:52 PM

That looks AWESOME! Nice job and a very creative idea.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 PM

All the materials (exept the vinyl) came from a company in Michigan called ucoatit. The cost was about $650 for a garage this size. I paid $50 for the vinyl. So about $700 for the whole thing. However, that does not include labor and this is a very labor intensive project. But it's what I had in mind for a long time so know it's a reality. When I checked into custom floors I ended up with prices ranging from cheap plastic crap from Sears that still would have cost me much more than this to some that were absolutely incredible but the cost turned out to be about $3,500. I have much less in this one and it should last for years!!