Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Vynil on Fabric?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:49 PM

Vynil on Fabric?

So i was looking on Brent's site and i noticed some of his customers have purchased Z28 logos and placed them on the upper backs of their fabric seats. Ive heard of this being done with leather but fabric? Is it just me or does it seem like those would peel off and pull hair and leave residue behind after a couple weeks? I mean it they just wont have as much to stick to. What do you guys think about this? Because on the same note, people put vynil graphics on t-shirts and they say it outlasts the t-shirt soooo i dunno and brent is supposed to have some high quality vynil. So i dont know. Any opinions?
Old 07-04-2006, 12:11 AM

Re: Vynil on Fabric?

Maybe an Iron-on type deal?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Vynil on Fabric?

Those pics on my site were test cases So far I've had pretty good luck with doing this but I'm sure it depends on the type of decal. I've done some SS's on the seats and they work pretty good. My buddy has had them on his cloth seats for a few years and just a month or so ago he said one was coming off so I made him a new set. I don't sell them specifically for cloth because it is hit or miss but if people ask I tell them it might be worth a shot if they want to give it a try. If it doesn't work out for them then they aren't out too much.

The vinyl on fabric like t-shirts and stuff is completely different... my vinyl might stick on my shirt OK... until I washed it.