Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Victim Of RICE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 10:59 PM

Victim Of RICE!

Well as some of you may know...I wrecked my car about a week ago, and got it fixed, in the process we got the whole thing repainted, because it has defetive paint. I must say it looks awesome!! The only thing is, I have flowmaster exhaust which has two chrome tips stickin out...I walked around, and noticed that he painted my tips!!!!!! my tips are green!!!!! i was like what the hell was he thinkin?? I didnt say anything because the car looked great, but it looks soooo ricy!! is there any way i could get this off???
Old 11-05-2003, 11:01 PM

Paint thinner on a rag. just be careful not to touch the car.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:02 PM

You may get lucky and the paint will just burn off. If not..I would try some basic Paint Remover from AutoZone or something..it comes in a spray can..and you spray it on..and it is amazing..wait about 10 minutes and you can just wipeoff the paint with a rag. But be EXTREMELY careful, because it will do a great job taking off your brand new body paint as well!

Good lUck
Nathan
Old 11-05-2003, 11:06 PM

wtf do painted tips have to do with looking like rice?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by Zack
wtf do painted tips have to do with looking like rice?
If you saw my car you would understand....I HAVE GREEN EXHAUST TIPS!!! it looks sooo trashy and ricy!! Im hoping it may just burn off, I dont want to risk taking my new paint off, maybe ill wait a while then tape up the back end a bit, and then spray the rag and wipe away...
Old 11-05-2003, 11:27 PM

stop wih comparing everything to rice, please. It may look tacky, it may look chesy, etc, but that doesnt mean it looks like rice

/rant
Old 11-05-2003, 11:31 PM

That sux man, sorry to hear...paint remover should take it right off, you could probalby drive it off with all the heat but I would get to work quick.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by Zack
stop wih comparing everything to rice, please. It may look tacky, it may look chesy, etc, but that doesnt mean it looks like rice

/rant
what is your deal? youve been following me around making rude comments on everything i say, can I come down and paint your exhaust pipes?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:39 AM

Can you paste some pics of the painted exhaust tips?
Old 11-06-2003, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by Waroo
Can you paste some pics of the painted exhaust tips?
Yes, I was considering this mod too - I would like to see.

Acetone will take it right off - just don't touch your rear bumper cover.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by PoloGreen 3.4
If you saw my car you would understand....I HAVE GREEN EXHAUST TIPS!!! it looks sooo trashy and ricy!! Im hoping it may just burn off, I dont want to risk taking my new paint off, maybe ill wait a while then tape up the back end a bit, and then spray the rag and wipe away...
You don't spray it on, paint remover is a goopy substance. If you do it carefully you should not have a problem. Also I can see how green would look bad but I wouldn't say painted tips are rice since I have never seen a car that I would consider rice with painted exhaust tips. I would just say it looks ugly, however if painted the right color, like silver it might look nice. Anyways good luck removing the paint.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:41 AM

I would try lacquer thinner, it works much faster than paint thinner. Don't worry about getting any on the paint, it won't hurt it.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
Next thing you know, someone will get a scrape or dent in their car, and come here screaming that their car is now rice. GET THE F__K OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 11:38 AM

Looks like I'm late for the rice usage bashing

I saw this tree today it had a chipmunk on it, that so ricey :blah:
Old 11-06-2003, 05:19 PM

Re: Victim Of RICE!

Originally posted by PoloGreen 3.4
Well as some of you may know...I wrecked my car about a week ago, and got it fixed, in the process we got the whole thing repainted, because it has defetive paint. I must say it looks awesome!! The only thing is, I have flowmaster exhaust which has two chrome tips stickin out...I walked around, and noticed that he painted my tips!!!!!! my tips are green!!!!! i was like what the hell was he thinkin?? I didnt say anything because the car looked great, but it looks soooo ricy!! is there any way i could get this off???
I don't think anyone in their right mind would paint your tips along with the car unless they forgot to tape up...I would take it back, if they messed up they should have let you know and offered to just take the paint off (isn't that difficult of a job).

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Victim Of RICE!