Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Turn Signal Blackouts

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 07:23 PM

Turn Signal Blackouts

Where can I buy these online? Suncoast Creations used to offer them, but don't sell them online anymore. I've search a bunch of the supporting advitisers but no luck :blah:
Old 09-13-2003, 08:19 PM

RK Sport sells them...but the blackouts aren't your best bet.
They are too dark to let any light through in the daytime, very dangerous.

Your best bet is to pick up a can of VHT Nite Shades paint and do it that way. That's what I have on mine and they are doing excellent. As long as you do some prep work - the stuff is excellent.

Just wet sand the lenses (area to be sprayed) real good with a couple of fairly smooth grits - but enough to get the imperfections off - then clean them really good with some soap and water - and rinse really good - then dry them with a lint free towel. If you do that - I assure that you will be just as happy - and it won't cost you as much.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:50 AM

I have the rksport ones and one would recommend them over just night shades because them come up flush with the body and create a nice smooth look. I personaly don't like how the factory signals sink in.

Concerning safety I don't really find it to be dangerous even if people can't see your front turn signals, I can't think of any situation where they are absolutely necessary as long as you drive with common sense, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:45 PM

http://groups.msn.com/GMsFbody/themo...to&PhotoID=239

GTS Turn covers and fog light covers.

i also have AVS tail light covers.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by 97TA-WS6-Con
http://groups.msn.com/GMsFbody/themo...to&PhotoID=239

GTS Turn covers and fog light covers.

i also have AVS tail light covers.
damn, that looks ****in slick. I've been wanting to see a black ta blacked out like that for a while now

tip: get the "GTS" off the fog covers
Old 09-14-2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by 94blackbeast
I have the rksport ones and one would recommend them over just night shades because them come up flush with the body and create a nice smooth look. I personaly don't like how the factory signals sink in.

Concerning safety I don't really find it to be dangerous even if people can't see your front turn signals, I can't think of any situation where they are absolutely necessary as long as you drive with common sense, but I could be wrong.
See THIS THREAD! It is EXTREMELY important concerning safety. And to be honest - if I had a truck that I didn't care about, I would start T-Boning the people that I couldn't tell if they were turning or not. But seriously, it does put you at a hazard, for reasons I mentioned in that thread. Think about it.

But I would have to agree with you on the flushness part - that would look very nice - but just not worth the trade off for me. They do have their other advantages though. Keep a rock from busting out a turn signal, if you do get ticketed - they are easier to take off...