Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trouble with undercar neons- help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:43 PM

Trouble with undercar neons- help

My rear undercar neon light broke. So I got a single tube replacement but this one as a single thick gauge wire on each end- to hook up others. There's no + and - like my previous set up. I got two wires going to the rear, but if the light only has a single- what's the deal?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:48 PM

Re: Trouble with undercar neons- help

Try a Honda forum.

Last edited by fireman; 07-03-2005 at 12:49 PM. Reason: k
Old 07-04-2005, 01:17 AM

fireman - that was the stupidest post i have ever seen; instead of him going to a honda forum how about your insecure a*s goes and drives your car that looks like thousands of others

as far as your question the light does not only have one - it is just the positive is wrapped around the negative which is in the middle youre' best best is to use a wire cutter, and then guess which is positive and which is negative then connect it with maybe electircal tape

hope that helps
Old 07-04-2005, 01:37 AM

"undercar neons"
Old 07-04-2005, 07:42 AM

Sorry I can't help you but what's with the posts about not liking neons? It's not your car and second, the dude wasn't asking if they looked good or anything. Speaking of which, you might want to put this in Elec. forum next time. Just a heads up.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:38 AM

Your best bet is to find someone with a multimeter reader. You can use the meter to figure out which wire (going by JP2005's post for reference about "guessing which wire") is positive and negative. That way, if you guess wrong you won't have to worry about a short or something going wrong with your light. I know with LEDs if you accidentally reverse them, they pop and break (personal experience, lol).
Old 07-04-2005, 01:01 PM

oh well i didn't know that would happen to leds, my puppy ate through my printer cord the other day; and i used the positive negative guess method...but scuba on 2nd thought use a meter
Old 07-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Undercar neons have a bad breaking problem, which is pretty unavoidable since you have a flourescent rod under your car. Have you looked into LEDs?
Old 07-04-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by JP2005
fireman - that was the stupidest post i have ever seen; instead of him going to a honda forum how about your insecure a*s goes and drives your car that looks like thousands of others

as far as your question the light does not only have one - it is just the positive is wrapped around the negative which is in the middle youre' best best is to use a wire cutter, and then guess which is positive and which is negative then connect it with maybe electircal tape

hope that helps
Stupid is someone who uses a word like "stupidest" to describe anothers actions or words.

How many Honda Civics have you seen with undercar neons?

How many 4th gen Camaros have you seen with undercar neons?

Yeah, like 1 Camaro for every 25 Hondas right?

Trying a Honda forum doesn't sound so stupid anymore does it jackass?

Going to a board where 60% of the members run neons VS a board where 1% run 'em doesn't like such a stupid idea to me or anyone else with common sense.

Its not like the damn neons are Camaro specific, they are probably not even automotive specific.

BTW- I wouldn't be caught dead piloting anything lime green. Good thing its fast, no one will recognize you.

Last edited by fireman; 07-04-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 AM

Why would you ban somebody like that?? So you cant say anything mean to anyone? If someone said something mean to you in person would you avoid them everytime you see them and try to get them in trouble? In america there is a thing called freedom of speech. And besides all he originally said was try a honda board. He didn't say that neons suck and anyone who gets them is stupid. What he said is right and makes sense.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 PM

I'm with mystic on this one.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:27 PM

5 years and I've never ruffled a feather on this board, until some noob calls me insecure and stupid in the same post. Sorry, but I was and still am angered at the response to my first post.

I won't post about this again.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:36 AM

Biggest thing is that he posted here, and found the answer here. With how many flamers come on here and call everything rice, it was quick to jump to the assumption you were flaming as well. My own appologies for jumping down your throat, if in fact you truely were trying to be of help and not just trolling.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by fireman
Stupid is someone who uses a word like "stupidest" to describe anothers actions or words.

How many Honda Civics have you seen with undercar neons?

How many 4th gen Camaros have you seen with undercar neons?

Yeah, like 1 Camaro for every 25 Hondas right?

Trying a Honda forum doesn't sound so stupid anymore does it jackass?

Going to a board where 60% of the members run neons VS a board where 1% run 'em doesn't like such a stupid idea to me or anyone else with common sense.

Its not like the damn neons are Camaro specific, they are probably not even automotive specific.

BTW- I wouldn't be caught dead piloting anything lime green. Good thing its fast, no one will recognize you.
wow...you are funny; to tell you the 100% truth i have seen PLENTY of camaros with neons, and probably about the same if not more camaros with neons than hondas

and i will not believe your stupid a*s lie ... go to a honda form... was implying that it is "rice" as you say; i understand you wouldn't ride on anything lime green, but obviously a s*it load of people are secure enough to "pilot something lime green" and by the way my fiancee and everyone that has seen the bike likes it, so thanks for you input

i dont know what makes you say im a noob i have been at these forms for quite some time i just dont open my mouth and say some nonsense like, "try a honda forum"

and mystic i did not say anything about banning you were the only one to mention that would i just said that his comment was ridiculous
Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM

nono, I made the comment about "sometimes I wish I could just delete troll posts and ban them" before Mystic's comment, but then I deleted it today.

Quick Reply: Trouble with undercar neons- help