Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trans Am Door Emblems

Old 08-12-2003, 03:30 PM

Talking Trans Am Door Emblems

Are you looking for Trans Am Door Emblems?

Do you want something different than stock?

Would you be interested in some Electropolished Stainless Steel Emblems?

How about High Polished Stainless Steel?

If you answered yes to those questions then MBA Has got a solution for you. We are just finishing and will have available for
order via the web site in a just a day or two both Electropolished and High Polished Stainless Steel Emblems for the Trans Am.

These are the most accurate ones you can get and come with 3M
brand VHB tape already applied, You basically peel and stick.

Pics will be on the site shortly, check the what's new section at MBA Products for them.

Here's the good news or the bad news, you decide.

Electropolished will be $ 136.00 for the set. Both Sides.
High Polished will be $ 199.00 for the set. Both Sides.

any questions drop me a line

Paul at MBA

Thanks

Paul Roswell
MBA Products
Old 04-13-2004, 04:33 PM

200.00 for embelms mg:
Old 04-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
Ehhhh, no way I would pay $200 for those emblems.
That kind of stuff takes a lot of time to make and expensive equipment to make it. While $200 for a set of emblems isn't for everyone, there are those out there who want something different that is very high quality. So, these probably won't appeal to they guys who buy the Home Depot tubing to make their own CAI because paying $125 for a used one is too much but will be good for the guys who enter their cars in shows a lot or just want something different and unique.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
I am not sure how to take that. [wondering to self] does Brent know that I made my own cai, or is he just putting a general statement out there that I thought was a cheap shot at me, but probably isn't [/thinking to self]
No, no, no... that was in no way a cheap shot at you bud It was a statement in general. I didn't even know you made your own CAI so it definitely wasn't directed at you or anybody for that matter. Just a statment that IMO these wouldn't appeal to the thrifty or fab guys out there. Those who like to either fab their own items up or are trying to save some money. If you like to fabricate you'll probably buy your own hunk of aluminum, trace out the Trans Am and make one of these yourself. Won't likely be as good as what is made on a $100,000 machince (more?) but will be good enough for you. Or, if you did the home made CAI because $125 was too expensive for you and you are on a tight budget with the car, then you probably aren't going to be spending $200 on a set of emblems. So, I in no way meant that statement as "degrading" if that's the way you took it. Sorry

People like camarocassanova for examplel and lots of other car show guys are the type guys who will buy these emblems. They have a unique car, have tons of things on it that many don't, like the metal look as opposed to the painted/vinyl look and $200 is well within their fun money car budget
Old 04-14-2004, 03:00 PM

Those sound pretty nice, sounds like a "down the road" possibility for me, but other things must be done to the ride for now.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:57 PM

i agree, they look awesome and probably are made of some good material..but i cant see myself spending 200$. Nice product though.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Definately a sweet product with out a doubt

later,
-john
Old 04-15-2004, 07:52 AM

I just saw that this had been brought back to the top.

The Trans Am door emblems are made of 304 Stainless Steel and are then hand polished in a fixture one piece at a time. That all takes time and money. Add in the 1K it costs for just the special Die to cut the adhesive and oh, the guy to hand apply the adhesive to the back of the emblems. Not to mention the 3M VHB adhesive, not the cheap stuff, that we use. Then pay GM their Royalty on every set sold. Ask some of these places that sell stuff, including stickers for $10.00 if they are paying royalties to GM or carry the liability insurance, which is excess of 2 million, JUST TO USE THE GM logo's.

Like Brent Said, they're not for everyone, I don't have any issues with someone doing it themselves or being cost conscious. BUT when you want the best it costs money.

And when you get beat at the next Super Chevy or Vettefest or whatever show you enter in, chances are the guy who won uses our products.

Paul Roswell
Sales Manager
MBA Products