Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Trans-am to Camaro seats??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 12:54 AM

Trans-am to Camaro seats??

i got the red/black interior right now on my camaro and getting a TA next friday and was wondering if the seats would match up for what brackets go to what? i thought the red and black would look a lot nicer than the grey interior coming in the TA. also, my camaro has the power driver seat. anyone have an idea how hard it may be to accomplish this task?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:33 AM

The seats, I believe are a direct boltin.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:27 AM

anyone else got an idea on this one? or if there actually were in TA's made with the red/black seats?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

I think they'll bolt right in too. There was an issue, I THINK, with the connectors for the power features between some years but don't remember the details.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:11 AM

Thanks brent that was pretty fast. i was expecting like 30 min or so.... but that was like 5? lol. i appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM

You can also goto one of the companies only that do the leather kits and get them in whatever color you want and then recover the TA seats yourself.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:27 PM

The seats are a direct bolt in, as both cars share a common floor pan. To get the power lumbar to work, you will need the air tube that connects the two seats (it runs under the carpet and console). If you didnt get that tube with the two seats, you can purchase it from the parts counter, or from a wrecker (I paid $5 for mine). I had to modify the connection between the seat and the car, but it was a very easy (and positive) mod. You may even not need to modify your connector, as there is some variety over the years, and between the 3rd & 4th Gen F-bodies.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:39 PM

i went and looked at the TA i'm getting today and saw it already had the power cord running underneath the carpet so that end iss all ready to go. my only problem now is that i realized that the seats could be switched out but i realized that the door panels are totally different. so there would be no way for me to get the panels red to match the seats.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Door panels are interchangeable as well... with a little work on the electrical side for the mirror controls and some fabbing for mounting locations. Or, you could just have your current panels re-covered by a local upholstry shop or get something from like www.leatherseats.com
Old 05-25-2004, 08:50 PM

i would stick with the TA seats...arent they more comfortable?
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM

The T/A seats have a little more side bolster support, and they have the lumbar support, but I think they're more firm, and not actually as "comfortable" as Camaro seats?

I was just driving my buddy's '96 T/A today, and I was happy to get back into my car. We traded cars last week as well, and he commented that my seats felt more comfortable to him.

(he also commented that my car makes more power too!!.....LS1>LT1 )
Old 05-25-2004, 10:00 PM

i really couldnt tell you if the seats feel differently or not. i still dont own. Next friday i will though and ill be able to compare the 2 for ya. i just like the look of my seats much better than just plain grey. i also beleive that my red/black seats would look pretty sweet in the TA with the gauges.IMO
Old 05-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Capn Pete
(he also commented that my car makes more power too!!.....LS1>LT1 )
If you are ever in town, come look up my LT1s

Old 05-26-2004, 04:03 AM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
If you are ever in town, come look up my LT1s

Ah, nothing a couple bottles of N2O can't take care of .
Old 05-26-2004, 03:37 PM

The door panels can easily be redone to match the seats, in either leather or vinyl. I bought a set of '95 TA seats for $500, had the door panels redone to match, and redid the back seat too. Looked totally factory when it was all done. And, IMO, the worst thing about the 4th Gen Camaro was the seats, I thought they were horrible. The TA seats are much better, have an adjustable headrest, and adjustable bolsters as well. A reputable shop will be able to do anything under the sun to your seats & doorpanels. One car I saw in a magazine had bright orange leather inserts in the seats and door panels, to match the exterior: looked awesome.

Quick Reply: Trans-am to Camaro seats??