Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Tinted Taillights w/Night Shades ... Pic INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Calli
ty ... i also forgot to mention that i only used 2 coats on each piece and i still have half a can left ... if you are thinking of taillight covers ... please try Nite Shades first .. i had taillight covers and it was hard to backup at night BUT after i removed the tailight covers and tinted the lenses with NiteShades the light passes thru as it would without the tint and it looks great
Looks good.

I had GTS tail light blackouts on my Z and light came through just fine. I now have AVS blackouts on there and light still shines thru great. This is a 4th gen Camaro, btw.

I will be using the VHT on my 2nd car because no one makes tail light blackouts for it
Old 05-30-2003, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by 95 Mystic TA
New weekend project.
i did this in about 6 hours and it had fully dried

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
I have ordered the stuff through O'Reilly Auto Parts (if you have one local) a few times - only like $8 bucks a can - way cheaper than $13 + $8 for shipping.
Thats great that you could find it way cheaper in your area.. i couldnt find it around here. I had seen some guys with camaro's use Niteshades so i thought why couldnt I use it on my firebird
Old 05-30-2003, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by ArcticYT95TA
I just liked the fact that you could remove the blackouts, and be totally legal. If the cops nail you on this, you are pretty much screwed, and have to find new taillights.
i was worried at first because ( to me ) cops around here pull you over because they cant see the lights during the daytime. You know ... you hit the brake and they see nothing. So i painted the lenses first and checked the brightness during the day and it was just as bright as it was before. So i did the tailights and they are just as bright as they were before. So i think you wouldnt have a problem. I also think someone on this board said they messed up once and had to remove the stuff and was actually successfull in removing it. What he used to remove it tho is beyond me.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 PM

You could probably remove it with acetone. So your saying the niteshades allows the same amount of light threw as a normal tailight....even at night? I really want to do this but I want to make sure that its legal
Old 05-30-2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Marky82
So your saying the niteshades allows the same amount of light threw as a normal tailight....even at night?
yes, that is exactly what i am saying