Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

TA Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 01:23 PM

Post TA Owners...

Are there taillight blackouts for our cars? Where can they be found and for how much? My taillights are so ugly looking now (water spots and air bubbles) I don't know if I should just buy new ones.

Thanks, daniel
Old 01-09-2003, 03:55 PM

Well, I'm not going to flame you, but run a search. Yes, tail light blackouts are avilable for 93-2002 T/A's. You can buy them at AutoZone for $35.00 I believe, the company name is Autovent Shade (AVS)
Old 01-09-2003, 08:06 PM

Cant find them

Well I cant find them locally. You might have to get them off the net. Do you think you can email me or pm me when you find out where you can get some locally? I drive up to Sac every weekend or so. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:24 PM

2L8,

I called around and the only one I was successful with was the Autozone out on Fruitridge road. You have to special order them, takes like 2-3 days and the total was ~$45 or less. Their Phone# is: (916) 456-9017. Are you familiar with that area?
Old 01-09-2003, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by Luke@ACAPrfrmnc
Hey guys,

AVS makes the blackouts for the Trans Am's...They look very nice indeed,

Here are some pics of them on my 98' t/a

http://community.webshots.com/album/58807950KpSMCi

Feel free to PM or post comments, you can also call Summit Racing up and ask for them, they're not in the catalogs, you have to actually ask for them...These things are hard as heck to find for some reason!
Those blackouts look pretty good, but why cover up those big beautiful honey comb tail lights? Besides the ram air hood on t/a's, big honey comb tail lights are my 2nd favorite thing about their appearance. Nice t/a btw.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 AM

Question

Hey Luke,
Those do look nice Do the lights shine bright enough through the shades and have you had any problems with police? Those are my 2 biggest concerns... otherwise I love the look.

daniel
Old 01-10-2003, 12:16 PM

Luke,
Since you are covering up the honeycombs how about I give you mine off of my 97 plus cash. It will be the same difference except you would be helping me out. Just something to think about. Peace
Old 01-10-2003, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Luke@ACAPrfrmnc
Omega, you only cover up the honeycombs at night....I personally didn't like the reverse light's size, and the blackouts cover up that whole piece, and make the rear end look like smooth and give it a finished appearance, IMHO anyways..

Pony, i honestly haven't had any problems w/ the police....I've had them drive RIGHT behind me and not say or do anything about them....ON a T/A the blackouts look like they came stock on the car, and so far I haven't had any problems.
Luke, your right about it gives it a smooth finish. But I think it depends on the color of the car as well cause on mine it looks factory. I even have police come up behind me as well and never said anything. They use to pull me over more for not have a front plate, not one word about the blackouts, I even have blackouts on the fog light. I do have pics in my web page as well for anybody want to look at.

Vinny
Old 01-11-2003, 12:04 AM

Arrow

I don't have a Trans Am , but, I got mine like 4-5 years ago from Unstable Bob from this very board for about $30 shipped. Can't remember.

Of course, they look best on a black Firebird (the ONLY color for a Firebird).

http://www.skull-leader.cz28.com/morepics.html