Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

TA headlamps and fogs: suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:39 PM

TA headlamps and fogs: suggestions?

After seeing the thread in this forum from the guy in Iceland that did up his 94 anniversary TA, I noticed his headlights and fogs look extremely white, almost into the blue range. I'd like to achieve that same look, but here's the catch: I DO NOT want to do an HID conversion. Can anyone suggest any brands of lights to pull off this look with the stock-type sealed beams? I know I can probably make a set of headlights by getting a sealed beam of the same size and modifying the back to use screw-in bulbs, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Plus, im not familiar with the fog lights yet, as I haven't pulled them to see if they can be modified the same way. If anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that can accomplish the look, please chime in.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Re: TA headlamps and fogs: suggestions?

You may want to check out the Sylvania SilverStar or the XtraVision lights. They make them in the H4666 size. You could probably do the same thing with the fogs. Should be able to find them at your local auto parts store.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM

Re: TA headlamps and fogs: suggestions?

Check out the following thread over on LS1tech I started last year. I was in the same boat and thought about doing this as well, but didn't want to go HID. I finally found eurolamps has a nice halogen H4 replacement lamp package for $80 that is plug and play (no ballasts) and will give you better color and projection. I haven't done it yet, but will probably this summer.

Here is the thread, see my post near the end for the info on Eurolamps:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...d-lt1-hid.html