Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

TA front bumper body work

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 05:26 PM

TA front bumper body work

Hey guys,
Well I had a little encounter with a deer back in the winter. It was more of a grazing indirect hit, however it did leave a small tear in the front bumper and bust out a foglight. Here's a picture:
www.geocities.com/landshark51/ta01.html
Since it's really nice weather, I was going to get out and replace the foglights with some aftermarket ones. So I figured I should just go ahead and fix this while I'm messing around in there.
I was considering some strong adhesive or something from the inside to make it flush again. What do you guys think?? Any suggestions would be great!
thanks!
charlie
Old 03-09-2004, 06:04 PM

the front bumper cover must have weak spot in it right there, because i have a rip in the EXACT same spot in the same direction and everything as yours, but mine is only about half that size, i just left mine alone for now, but my car is green and you cant even see it unless you walk up and push the rip open...you should just take it to a body shop, they should be able to fix it for really cheap, thats what i plan on soon.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:06 PM

it can be plastic welded but it's not usually reccomended though, then it'll be finished off with a light coat of filler

there is also a reinforcing tape that is sometimes used to keep it flush and then filler is added, either way it's not as strong as it was originally and will be prone to breaking in that area again, typically a new bumper cover is gotten and tehn repainted. Speed automotive seems to always have a large amount of TA bumpers for sale if you want to go that route although the packaging left something to be desired in my instance