Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
View Poll Results: Best bulb/headlight replacement.
Silverstar
71.43%
Hella FF75
0%
Eurolamps Conversion kit (link below).
14.29%
Other-PLEASE SPECIFY
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

So many conflicting opinions. I need a new headlight! Poll!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:33 PM

So many conflicting opinions. I need a new headlight! Poll!

I've been searching for the overall consensus of cz28 as to which bulb replacement is the best. For the most part I see people say Silverstars and then immediately 10 people jump in and say they're the worst thing ever. Who's right? I know it all comes down to personal preference but I just want a replacement to my burned out headlight . As of right now these are my 3 main choices. My main reason of dislike towards the Silverstars is the fact that they only last a year. I'm not sure about the Hella's or the "Eurolamps" longevity but I hope to know soon.

Here's the site for the Eurolamps full replacement.

So any comments you have about these, or bulbs in their price range, please post. If you know where the guide that is discussed in that thread is, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by dak125; 03-22-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:14 AM

Re: So many conflicting opinions. I need a new headlight! Poll!

I have seen the eurolamps conversion before on ebay, but I have never heard of anybody actually trying it on their fbody. I would be interested to see differences between the Silverstars and this full replacement kit, as far as lighting goes.

Otherwise I haven't heard to many people complain about switching to the hella FF75's, besides the shaking of the headlight. This is the route I am going to be taking somewhat soon. Overall any of the above options are going to be better than stock, I would just imagine it would be personal preference.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM

Bump TTT b/c I am interested in this too.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:55 AM

I think your making to much out of this. Because these lights are so bad any upgrade is an improvement. By cost I think it would be the silver stars, the euro. kit, other after market like FF75's, and HID Kits. So it really just depends on how much you want to spend.
Also one of the problems with stock replacement lights is that they are getting harder to find and they are relatively expensive, for what you get. Once you have an after market kit, FF75's or Euro's you get more/better light and you only have to change the bulbs. The 9005 & 9006 bulbs are common and will be around for a long time. Also thse kits can be easily upgraded to HID at a later date if your so inclined.
I think the only advantage to the Euro kit is that it maintains the bone stock appearence and there is less mod'ing.
Because the after market kits are driving lights they are going to give you the most light in front of the car.
You just need to make up your mind. How much to spend, or how much light do I want, and DO IT.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:02 PM

Euro lamp doesn't answer their emails. If they'd answer I'd give them a try but I'll have to find another option as well. Supposedly there are some people on here w/ them but I've never spoke w/ any of them to get their opinion.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 AM

I really wasn't up to changing out the factory look initially, but the Nissan projectors call for waaay too much butchering, so it was either FF75's or (my eventual choice) the Hella Optilux 2020's. Tough call, but 4 fog lights and 4 driving lights, plus my Pilot PL-1078C driving lamps.....plenty good in theory, at least.

The Euro lamps...I couldn't justify spending about $40 per unit ($160 for the Ebay listed kit) with another 55 watt bulb in it and that being the factory lamp with the same crappy lens and reflector. If that was an actual euro clear unit, I'm in, but it's not...

So, in my opinion, anything in the Hella branch is fine, especially for the bang for the buck factor. Nothing else is close in that regard that we know of.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:28 AM

http://racinghouse.onlinera.com/head...evyGMCHL_C.jpg

Those look nice...trim everything of the actual housing and go from there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-02...ayphotohosting
Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 AM

Why not just replace your driving lights with FF75s and use them along with the stock headlights? They are brighter than the headlights anyway.
FF75s will fit in place of the headlights, but they don't have a proper headlight beam pattern and are not legal to use as headlights.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ZBLKHELLRZR
Euro lamp doesn't answer their emails. If they'd answer I'd give them a try but I'll have to find another option as well. Supposedly there are some people on here w/ them but I've never spoke w/ any of them to get their opinion.
I have these, or the equivalent, modified stock lights. The ones I got (4) were glass housings with 9006 and 9005 halogen bulbs. I did this because I wanted the correct factory beam patterns, and I wanted it to look stock.
Unfortunately there was a problem. The dims were fine and fit without mods. But the brights were just dims, i.e. H4351's instead of the H4352's, turned upside down. This meant the wrong beam pattern and the bulb right angle connector faced the wrong way so you have to mod the light mounts. Dremel out the back for clearence.
I was not happy but also not supprised as this was an E-Bay purchase. So what I did was buy H4352 lights and use the mounts and bulbs he provided to mod. mine.