Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Silverstars suck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 PM

Silverstars suck!!!

Ok so I just did the sealed beam conversion from stock to Autozone's Silverstar Ultras and I have to say I'm very disappointed. I wasn't expecting HID quality or anything like that, but these seem worse than stock, I can't see anything!! Has anyone else done this?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 PM

Did you make sure to realign the headlights so that they are aimed properly? They maybe aimed way to high.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM

Yeah they're fine the beam pattern just isn't very good at all. The package they came in said they were supposed to be 50% brighter than normal halogen lights, but this isn't even close..
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 PM

i had good luck with my silverstars when i had them in there.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Yeah I've looked at all the right ups for them and they look great...I wonder what went wrong. My left head light is a lot whiter looking now than the right one. Not the light, the actually glass housing, does that mean anything?
Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM

the housing is just showing its age. I don't know if it would buff out or not. You could try. My silverstars i used in my pick-up burned out twice way too early, so i bought some really good bulbs off ebay, and they have been good ever since. They ad a lifetime warrenty, were way brighter, and were made in USA
Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Well I don't really want to buy new bulbs and try that all over again. Is it possible to do something with the fog lights? I don't have stock fogs so I was thinking about maybe putting something really bright down there..like HID. Any ideas?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM

I kinda took care of this problem by installing some nice driving lights with 55 watt bulbs.They are bright enough to drive without my lights even being on.I have also done the mod to keep the driving lights on with the high beams if I want more light for back road driving.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedinZ
Well I don't really want to buy new bulbs and try that all over again. Is it possible to do something with the fog lights? I don't have stock fogs so I was thinking about maybe putting something really bright down there..like HID. Any ideas?
Hella FF75s www.rallylights.com
Old 10-24-2008, 11:36 PM

What do you recommend that I do with the FF75s? I've given up on getting any light out of my head lights, so is it possible to say put a HID bulb inside the FF75? Would it just blind everyone on the road?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:15 AM

I bought a pair of Silverstars for my Dakota, and they looked great....for about three months, then they both burned out within a week of each other. Picked up some eBay cheapies, looked just as good for half the price. Still shining bright after a year
Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by jasonface
I bought a pair of Silverstars for my Dakota, and they looked great....for about three months, then they both burned out within a week of each other. Picked up some eBay cheapies, looked just as good for half the price. Still shining bright after a year
EXACTLY what happened to me, but i made the mistake of buying them again, and yet again, they burned out. I got the ebay ones and no problems since, been 1.5 years.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Well I'm just gonna leave those in the headlights, turns out they were aimed up way too high as the first person said lol, but they still aren't at all what I was expecting they're more like white versions of the stock bulb. Has anyone ever put in some Hella 90mms in their fog light locations?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by will4831
EXACTLY what happened to me, but i made the mistake of buying them again, and yet again, they burned out. I got the ebay ones and no problems since, been 1.5 years.
That's really strange, I thought maybe I just happened to buy a bad pair. Those things aren't exactly cheap, I wonder what's up with QC at Sylvania
Old 10-26-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jasonface
That's really strange, I thought maybe I just happened to buy a bad pair. Those things aren't exactly cheap, I wonder what's up with QC at Sylvania
Me too, figured for the money they had better be good, figured it was a fluke at first, but soon realized something was up.

Quick Reply: Silverstars suck!!!