Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Are the replacement headlights for '93-'97 Camaros still available?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Are the replacement headlights for '93-'97 Camaros still available?

I remember several years ago a company called Eurolite made a clear plastic replacement housing for the '93-'97 Camaros that allowed you to use 9005 and 9006 replacement bulbs. There was some debate as to whether they were any better than the stock housings, but they were cheap and looked very clean. I was looking at my car today and noticed how beat up the factory glass housings were. I did a search on Google but wasn't able to find anything. Are they still around?

-Chris
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM

Re: Are the replacement headlights for '93-'97 Camaros still available?

Only ones I'm aware of are these but the reviews are mixed. http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

I'm in the same boat and would like something better than stk. I guess others use Hella bulbs and go from there.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 AM

I just finished doing a minor conversion...and its better than stock imo.

Im planning to put HID's on this ****, but Ive heard of a few problems associated with that mod. For one, I heard that there not a lot of room for the heat to dissapate in the stock housing...but nevertheless IM going to try it...

but for now, I did a simple and easy mod that took me about 15 minutes, and $20.

I bought a pair of Silverstars off ebay (9006 low beams, and if you want, 9005 High Beams) and just some silicone from Autozone to glue them on.

I took off the light from teh housing, siliconed around teh rim, and dropped in the light. I let them sit while I was washing the car, and after about 10 minutes of sitting, I put them back on...very easy....

The only bad thing, I lost the springs that attach to the bottom of the lights...and now dont have them lined up as well as I used to.

Do any of you know where I can buy those springs???
Old 04-07-2006, 10:28 AM

I bought those cheap replacements that were out a few years ago... they were crap... no better than stock just brighter and more annoying to oncoming cars.

I'm currently doing the 90mm Hella conversion, these are known quality parts and I know they'll fix the lighting problem with my 96 but the conversion is non-trivial... and of course they're significantly changing the look of the car (going to round headlights from square). I spent 4 hours farting around with the first low-beam trying to figure out how to mount it so the hood wouldn't hit it when closed... it's a REALLY tight fit. I've now got a solution but it involves significantly modifying the hard plastic bracket that the headlights mount to as well as modifying the bumper cover shelf in front of the headlights... not something you'd want to do if you ever think you may want to go back to stock.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:48 AM

If you do the stock mod.? Try and find glass housings, they'll hold up much better.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by DontMixWithRice
I just finished doing a minor conversion...and its better than stock imo.

Im planning to put HID's on this ****, but Ive heard of a few problems associated with that mod. For one, I heard that there not a lot of room for the heat to dissapate in the stock housing...but nevertheless IM going to try it...

but for now, I did a simple and easy mod that took me about 15 minutes, and $20.

I bought a pair of Silverstars off ebay (9006 low beams, and if you want, 9005 High Beams) and just some silicone from Autozone to glue them on.

I took off the light from teh housing, siliconed around teh rim, and dropped in the light. I let them sit while I was washing the car, and after about 10 minutes of sitting, I put them back on...very easy....

The only bad thing, I lost the springs that attach to the bottom of the lights...and now dont have them lined up as well as I used to.

Do any of you know where I can buy those springs???
Yeah, I did this mod about 6 or 7 years ago, I'm just wanting to replace the housings because they're chipped and scratched.

The Eurolamps link is the one I was looking for. Thanks!

-Chris
Old 04-13-2006, 11:04 AM

Siliconing bulbs into the stock housings is 100% better than the Eurolamps.

Promise.

The stocks housings should be available still. Don't know about the Guide branded ones, but Sylvania still produces them. H4351 and H4352.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:29 PM

ive had my hid installed for over a year now with zero problems