Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.
View Poll Results: Is a smoked or clear plastic cover a good idea to have over my rear license plate?
Yes
100.00%
No
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Plastic License Plate Sheilds / Covers ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 05:41 AM

Originally posted by 1995greenTA
like Drumhawk said, the harder it is to read my plates the better off! i had personalized plates, until the first time i got the cops called on me and realized it was really easy to memorize them, then went and got randon numbers, but i have been warned three times about not having a front plate on, !
I'm thinking of changing my personalized plates changed for just that reason. I don't want to get reported for speeding or doing a burnout. I've gone without the front bird plate cover since 02 without getting pulled over (touch wood). Don't worry 95greenTA because you just proved a valuable point, 3 times getting pulled over for no front plate and a warning everytime. Nice cops and your sweet talkin saved you a ticket. Front plates on birds look butt ugly.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by 95_LT1_6SPD
i think that a smoke out licence plate cover on the back, on a dark coloured car makes it look cleaner. For example on a black car, you would have the nice black bumper, and right in the middle of it, a nice shiny reflective plate. the cover kind of dulls it out and makes it look cleaner. just my thoughts.
I feel the same way but the cops would make a lot of money off ya for the cover.