Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Photshop request please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:56 AM

Exclamation Photshop request please!

Can someone photoshop this pic for me?http://images.cardomain.com/installs...8_301_full.jpg I want the pic to remain the same but put the stk LT1 front clip back on. I'm just wanting to get an idea of what it looks like.

Is there any place that sell his kit besides him? Me and a friend are thinking of buying one and split the kit up.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:15 AM

Thats the Callaway body kit , you can get if from the at Callawaycars.com, I would get it but $4,500 is a bit too much for show.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:35 AM

Yeah I know it's from calloway. But I've been hearing mixed stories that someone somewhere out there sells his pieces individually. I like the rear for drag purposes only ie down force, top speed. My friend likes the front. Hopefully somebody knows something but until then I'm just curious as to what it would look like w/ the front stk clip.

If we don't find a source we'll probably just go 50/50 on the kit and see if he go for a military discount.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:23 AM

Smile

I have also heard from several individuals stating that Callaway has distributors that stock his kit. If anyone can provide some indepth -No Kidding- contructive advice, recommendation that would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

Johnny
Old 01-10-2003, 11:58 AM

eMail Callaway, I believe I read somewhere that they sell individual pieces. But, finding a spearate vedor that sells them will difinitely be cheaper.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:18 PM

Unhappy

I have never really voiced my opinion on the matter, and I know that you aren't really even asking for opinions, but...

I think the Callaway kit looks like crap. It looks like a poor attempt to make an F-Body a Corvette IMO. I like the way the 4th Gen F-Body looks naturally, so why do stuff to take away from it's lines/cues to make it into something else?

That's just my opinion. If you like it and can afford it, GO FOR IT! I still don't like it though. Just wanted to say that, it sure made me feel better.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:57 PM

Red face

Calloway has told us he won't sell the kit seperatly. I'm not a fan of the front fascia but a friend is. I just like the rear and being over here on the autobahn will reduce drag significantly. Plus I won't have to worry about cleaning the rear bumper as often as I do now.

Thanks for you opinion anyways. Do I have any takers though for the photoshop at least?
Old 01-10-2003, 05:50 PM

Wuz the deal *94BlackBowtie* you acting like we are asking you for opinions on the Callaway Camaero Kit. Come on bro! To label the camaero kit as a poor's man corvette is ridiculous! I mean to each their own flavor but Mr. Reeves Callaway himself is a well respected individual throughout the tuner industry who continuously puts it down! His platforms are reinforced with superb performance integrated with a quite unique design that sets them apart from the crowd!!

Johnny
Old 01-11-2003, 11:13 AM

Unhappy

Still no takers hu? Damn I'd thought someone would at least like the challenge if anything else.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:12 AM

Can someone dig deep into the personal archives F-Bodies (Callaway) pictures. In the middle of trying to see how a Z28 with a rear Callaway piece would look. Thanks

Johnny
Old 01-14-2003, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by PurePonyPounder
Wuz the deal *94BlackBowtie* you acting like we are asking you for opinions on the Callaway Camaero Kit. Come on bro! To label the camaero kit as a poor's man corvette is ridiculous! I mean to each their own flavor but Mr. Reeves Callaway himself is a well respected individual throughout the tuner industry who continuously puts it down! His platforms are reinforced with superb performance integrated with a quite unique design that sets them apart from the crowd!!

Johnny
Naw man, I think you just misunderstood. I don't think the Callaway Camaro kit is a poor man's 'Vette, I just think the kit tries to make the F-Body look like a 'Vette, and doesn't do a very good job at it. I just don't like the kit...I know that Callaway is a superior brand, and that he does some most excellent stuff, I just don't like his kit for Camaro's. I stated that I knew ZBLKHELLRZR wasn't asking for opinions, but since the appearance section is largely based on opinions, I was just letting mine be known. I also understand that he wants it more for useful purposes than what most of us here in the states would ever use it for (except for the part about not having to wash as much )

But it definately stands apart from the crowd, I just don't like it at all...and like you said, to each his own, so everyone is entitled to their opinion...and mine just happens to be different from like 90% of this board in disliking the almighty Callaway Kit...

Later man...
Old 01-14-2003, 11:02 AM

Here is a photoshop for those of you that are interested:

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...8_789_full.jpg
Old 01-14-2003, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by PurePonyPounder
Wuz the deal *94BlackBowtie* you acting like we are asking you for opinions on the Callaway CamAEro Kit. Come on bro! To label the camAEro kit as a poor's man corvette is ridiculous! I mean to each their own flavor but Mr. Reeves Callaway himself is a well respected individual throughout the tuner industry who continuously puts it down! His platforms are reinforced with superb performance integrated with a quite unique design that sets them apart from the crowd!!

Johnny
Didn't you realize that when you typed in the url you didnt type an E in there?? Also, just FYI Ive heard the camAro be referred to as a poor mans corvette tons of times, because essentially thats what a Z28 is.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:14 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks that looks good!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:39 AM

White30th, DID YOU REALIZE thats the way it's spelled officially on Callaway's site!! But I still love you okay. As long you drive a Z28 enough said.

Johnny