Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Opinion for Purple Pearl Z???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 05:05 PM

Question Opinion for Purple Pearl Z???

Ok guys, My Z is ready for a CHANGE!
I have a stock looking 94 Purple pearl Z. I've put a lot of work in to the performance and am happy with the way it runs.
Now I want to change it's look a bit. I hardly ever see purple pearl Z's around and when I do they usually look stock like mine.
First thing I need to do is get rid of my ugly salad shooters.
What Wheels should I do? I've seen the chrome ZO6's on some Z's and I think they look good. I've looked at brents and Dave's site and not had to much luck.
Wheels, Stripes, hood, spoiler, for a Pearl???

Post ideas or pic's of any suggestions!

Thanks
Old 11-23-2002, 10:21 PM

Gotta keep the Purple Z's alive man. Mine is also stock looking at the moment, except for the nice borla tips out back. i wanted to go with Z06 wheels, but that was until i saw a pic of a set of zr1s 17x11 with 315s out back

i plan to also drop it with DMS springs. And in the distant future, SS hood and Spoiler, and RK-sport CA-100 ground effects.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:58 PM

go with the Z06 wheels but only if you get them in 18's IMO the zr1 wheels look better in 17's and go with 18x10.5 and put on a 295 in the rear
SS hood and the rear spoiler from the ZR28 camaro from lgmotorsports
keep the purple paint though
Old 11-24-2002, 04:59 AM

Whatever you do keep the Purple Paint. I have a 95 and it is a slightly different shade of purple it is called cyclamen. Anyways, when i bought it I figured when the time comes to paint it I would change the color........ But after seeing so few purple camaros Im keeping my baby the way it is. I currently have a Suncoast creations ram air hood. Eibach pro-kit and Chrome 5 stars off of a 98 camaro. I get compliments all the time. I want some LGmotorsports world challenge wheels or zr1's even tho they are common. I also have a g2 spoiler but it hasnt been installed yet.
It can be seen here. cut and paste
http://www.thefbodyshop.com/members/...RegistrationId

or here
http://www.socal-fbodies.org/cars.html

Last edited by smacz28; 11-24-2002 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:07 PM

Talking

Thanks for the replies.

I just Zainoed the Z and it looks sweet. I've just figured out that I have about 5-6K to drop into the appearance. I just decided that I'm going to keep this Z even if I go ahead and buy a new car. It's a rare 94 Purple Pearl Z and it only has 50k miles on it.
I'm not sure if ZO6 or ZR1's. I think I'm going to get chrome. They really stand out on a dark car. If I go ZO6's I'll do 18x10.5 for the back and 18x9.5 for the front. If I do ZR1's I'll go with the 17's with 11's in the back. I also want to drop the car a little but I guess I'll wait till after I do the wheels to see if the tire gap problem gets solved. I'm not sure on the SS Hood. How about stripes? Has anyone seen stripes on a Pearl Z? I did forget to add that only difference in the way my Z looks from stock it that the front has glossy black instead of the flat black and I also have 3 inch chrome tips out the back. I think chrome wheels would look
nice. I do like the ZO6's wheels better but don't know I feel about Vette wheels on a Z.
Keep the ideas and Pic's coming.

Mike
Old 11-24-2002, 03:35 PM

Yeah I want to put larger rims on soon. I love my hood and get compliments all the time since it is different. I have been going back and forth on whether or not to do stripes until I can afford the repaint. Still dont know. I have photoshopped a couple pics in the past and I am still not sold.
Shawn
Old 11-24-2002, 05:18 PM

Shawn,
That hood does look sweet. You don't see many Z's with that hood.
I feel the first thing I need is wheels. I have the money, I just can't decide which ones to get.
Anyone have a Pearl Z with wheels other than stock????

Mike
Old 11-24-2002, 07:14 PM

I completely agree. I think wheels can make the single biggest statement for a car. I would like some other rims but when I bought my car used the guy who previously had it stripped all of his aftermarket stuff off before trading it in. That meant no stereo was in it, and he replaced his nice wheels with some old school 90ish iroc rims. It looked pretty ghetto. I scored my rims and tires from a GM connection for $450 with brand new dunlop sp9000's Cant go wrong there.
Once you get some rims post some pics for us.
Shawn
Old 11-24-2002, 08:01 PM

Check out my car maybe it will give you some ideas?

http://members.glis.net/zomie/newpic.jpg

I like the way mine looks got compliments from it many a time!
Old 11-24-2002, 10:06 PM

Not here to criticize your decisions but I dont care for having a bra covering the stripes. It looks odd. The flip side is I also dont like all the chips on the front of my car. I like how you painted the emblem white. And I am jealous of your tinted windows. Mine were way dark but I got a ticket and had to remove it I hate San Diego cops. I am in San Jose and the cops seem way cooler. I live 2 blocks from the police station and run with a open cut-out They only seem to get people for driving offenses. Even when I got a speeding ticket the cop was cool.

Nice car. Now you just need the juice or a hairdryer!!!
Shawn
Old 11-24-2002, 10:19 PM

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Bra either. I had one for a couple of months but only to hide the crack I had across the front. As soon as I got a new front facia, the bra went into the closet. Other than that I think the car looks cool. I also agree that painting the bow tie white is awesome. If I did get stripes I think I would go with the big (fat) ones. I don't know what color stripes would look good on my color (Purple Pearl).

If you have a Pearl post it here

Mike
Old 11-24-2002, 11:47 PM

HEY whats up guys. Nice to see some fellow P.pearl owners. Ok well you should get 18" rims, im not too happy with my 17." I can take pics of mine if you need to see a p.pearl with some mods. check the sig. I got fog and turn signal blackouts, indiglo gauges, TB plate on the engine etc. just to name a few small mods i got.

Aiight tint windows if legal, maybe put a kit on it (a nice one), keep the color, get camaro fillin letters that match the emblems and color scheme you want. For example i tried to match the black roof with black letters, turn signals, and fog lights. Email me if you need the pics!

-SpeC

Last edited by SpeC; 11-25-2002 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:02 AM

Originally posted by Mike's 94 LT1
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Bra either. I had one for a couple of months but only to hide the crack I had across the front. As soon as I got a new front facia, the bra went into the closet. Other than that I think the car looks cool. I also agree that painting the bow tie white is awesome. If I did get stripes I think I would go with the big (fat) ones. I don't know what color stripes would look good on my color (Purple Pearl).

If you have a Pearl post it here

Mike
I was pondering stripes for a while, but couldnt decided on over the top or the hockey stick stripes, but for color i think a metallic silver would compliment quite nicely. I think it would also bring out the metallic in the "Purple Pearl Metallic".
Old 11-25-2002, 11:17 AM

I have a purple peral z.. i have a super sport spoiler and clear turnsignals in front.... you neeed to get BOTH of these they look great... ill have pictures soon... scanner is making em too dark... gunna need to dig cam it.. Wtype kit and big block hood comming soon.. theyll look great... PP is the best color i think made in those years.. rare and very nice looking when clean... and tint them windows if there not done allready... thats very important...
Old 11-25-2002, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by naaz90
I was pondering stripes for a while, but couldnt decided on over the top or the hockey stick stripes, but for color i think a metallic silver would compliment quite nicely. I think it would also bring out the metallic in the "Purple Pearl Metallic".
Thats the color I was gonna go with. I currently have a chrome ram air decal underneath the drivers side taillight. But I was thinking that metallic or chrome would impair vision since I would have to have large stripes to fit my WS6 style hood. Now I am thinking about going with a light gray stripe and some 18 inch BBS or World challenge wheels that are painted not chromed. Still not sure but I think Metallic or Chrome. I was going to go black but seems kinda dull. I may just wait till I repaint. When I do I am laying a metallic silver ghost flame down on front with black flames over that. Cant wait

Shawn