Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

non pop up lights for pontiacs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 06:00 PM

non pop up lights for pontiacs?

ive saw these lights for c5 corvettes, and i think they have them for the 98+ trans ams but has anyone ever saw a 1993-1997 firebird with lights that dont flip up?? its kind of hard to explain but im sure some one knows what im talking about?
thanks for the replys
Old 08-29-2003, 07:25 PM

i'm under taking this head light conversion on my firebird as part of my company's project along with doing our turbo and twin turbo kit for it. if you decide to try it e-mail me and i'll lend any hands of advice i might have by that time. don't know how well it will work out right now though.

david
Old 08-29-2003, 11:53 PM

I think it would be cool if the conversion did something similar to this concept art I found for the 4th Gen Firebirds.

Pic

It only raises up a little bit, and wouldn't deflect as much air as our current lights do. If it only came up a few inches and had small, fog-light-like bulbs in them, that would be awesome.

Fred
Old 08-30-2003, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by ucnu112
I think it would be cool if the conversion did something similar to this concept art I found for the 4th Gen Firebirds.

Pic

It only raises up a little bit, and wouldn't deflect as much air as our current lights do. If it only came up a few inches and had small, fog-light-like bulbs in them, that would be awesome.

Fred
My plans are to do something similar to that setup... along with a true HID conversion. Now that I've started my new job... I have access to all the equipment that I need.. And by winter I should have the $$ for the HID's... so hopefully next spring I'll have my setup done.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:35 AM

probably a stupid question but what is/are HID'S
Old 08-30-2003, 01:01 PM
L44

Originally posted by 1995greenTA
probably a stupid question but what is/are HID'S
HID = High Intensity Discharge lighting, along with bulbs they also come with ballasts which allow the 5000k + brighter lighting

I have pics if anyone will give me a spot to upload of awesome fixed headlights on a 98+ TA they look awesome IMO except one is a projector housing and the other is a rectangular light, if they were both projectors i would love them, this is what im making for my camaro
Old 08-30-2003, 04:29 PM

That concept bird looks sweet
I think i may try to do a headlight conversion like that if my damn headlamp module blows for the 3rd time.... really doesnt look too hard... just mount in some high-power fogs, and fix the lights so they wont go up or down.. i dunno how it would look durin the day, but alot less problems...
Old 08-30-2003, 06:56 PM

I have been looking into doing the conversion.........It would be alot better then buying another $300 + headlight motor.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:24 PM

we need someone with some photochop experience... maybe take a pic of their bird with the headlights part-way up like the concept... then just add in some flat fogs instead of the exisiting headlights
Old 08-30-2003, 08:43 PM

in that concept pic, the lights are still up a little. I would like them down, but with a clear cover like the rx7 and c5 versions
Old 08-30-2003, 09:34 PM
L44

Zack you'll like the pics i got then of them
Old 08-31-2003, 12:09 PM

I dont think it is possible to make a kit that would sit flush with the hood and have working headlights... the body lines are not right for it... in order for there to be a clear kit like the rx-7, the lights will need to bubble up, and IMO it would look real funny cause it wouldnt flow right.... i like the idea of only popping them up a lil like the pic, then fixing them in place and adding some new fogs.... some adjustments would have to be made to the door and some minor painting would have to be done, but i think it would look sweet
Old 08-31-2003, 12:13 PM
L44

Originally posted by 2_shady
I dont think it is possible to make a kit that would sit flush with the hood and have working headlights... the body lines are not right for it... in order for there to be a clear kit like the rx-7, the lights will need to bubble up, and IMO it would look real funny cause it wouldnt flow right.... i like the idea of only popping them up a lil like the pic, then fixing them in place and adding some new fogs.... some adjustments would have to be made to the door and some minor painting would have to be done, but i think it would look sweet
The custom job im gonna post ina few minutes flowed amazingly well i just dont care for the selection of lights he chose they are mismatched, and theres no plexi or lexan lens over them

custom TA fixed headlights

Last edited by L44; 08-31-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:28 PM

Can't wait to see them Big!
I think that the clear bubble would look better then them being up a bit. If they are up with some sort of light showing I would think that the motor is just broken.
My opion anyways doesn't mean a thing
Old 08-31-2003, 02:35 PM
L44

i cant wait to make them, but im a little tight with my budget right now =/ 18 goin back to college, hadda stop my fulltime job because of it, crazy nextel bills, car payments, $6000 project motor in the works an im only like $3500 there arghhhhhhhhh the lack of money is the root of all evil lol

Quick Reply: non pop up lights for pontiacs?