Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Newest Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Re: Newest Photoshoot

Oh, and for anyone wondering about the wheels.......they are NOT Impala SS wheels......they are the same style wheel that came on '94 Firehawks from the factory.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by GT KILLER
So speedbumps really aren't a big issue? I have stock manifolds so my only issue would be the actual ride height.
99% of the time they aren't. I say 99%, because once in LA I ran into the meanest set of speed bumps known to man, and I scraped ALL OVER IT until I could get off. There was no way off of it without just continuing to scrape. I had to hit another one just so I could leave the parking lot. (they were everywhere). And that was with my stock manifolds too. If I had my headers then, I would have been REALLY pissed.

That was the only speed bump I ever scraped on. Once in a while, I slightly rub on a steep driveway if I didn't get the angle quite right. But usually I just take all the driveways at an angle and I'm fine.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 AM

how much for the lowering kit??
Old 06-30-2006, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
how much for the lowering kit??
$240 at Summit. Don't forget that you'll need to set aside $50-$80 for an alignment too.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:25 AM

Car is clean, but what is the trophy for?

I hate to be the first one here to say it, but I am not feeling the rims at all. They look way to Walmart-ish, but hey they are different for a camaro but I see them alot (or ones that look very similar) on welfare ricers all the time.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Megalis
Car is clean, but what is the trophy for?

I hate to be the first one here to say it, but I am not feeling the rims at all. They look way to Walmart-ish, but hey they are different for a camaro but I see them alot (or ones that look very similar) on welfare ricers all the time.
The trophy was for 2nd place.

Glad you think the rims are "Walmart-ish". I guess the '94 factory Firehawk rims were Walmart-ish too, then.

I've never ever seen these anywhere else....except for on Firehawks or some Mustangs. They're very very similar to the 94-96 Impala SS rims.

I really don't understand your logic here.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:35 PM

both the green and black z's are bueatiful cars, completely clean and original, something i would do, i was actually looking into those torque thrust II's only in 18's but there too much money for me right now
Old 06-30-2006, 08:15 PM

A. don't get your panties all up in a bunch, when you go on a public board and ask for opinions....that is EXACTLY what you are going to get. You'd be a fool to think they were all going to be good.

b. Just because a rim comes stock on a car does not make it great. So it was on a Firehawk or whatever. Salad shooters came stock on Z28's...how many people think those are great? Some do but MOST do not. That style of rim was very popular in the 90's because they sold them (or ones very similar) at Walmart, Pep Boys etc. I would see them alot on cheap cars. Hell, I think they even came in 14" That's just what I saw.

c. you don't understand the logic because there is none. An opinion and logic are 2 different things. Logic can not be debated because it is always true. What I gave is an opinion, which really makes no difference if YOU understand or not, cuz it's mine.....understand? <-----That btw is logic.

D. When I asked what the trophy was for, I already read it was for 2nd place...2nd place for what?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Megalis
A. don't get your panties all up in a bunch, when you go on a public board and ask for opinions....that is EXACTLY what you are going to get. You'd be a fool to think they were all going to be good.

b. Just because a rim comes stock on a car does not make it great. So it was on a Firehawk or whatever. Salad shooters came stock on Z28's...how many people think those are great? Some do but MOST do not. That style of rim was very popular in the 90's because they sold them (or ones very similar) at Walmart, Pep Boys etc. I would see them alot on cheap cars. Hell, I think they even came in 14" That's just what I saw.

c. you don't understand the logic because there is none. An opinion and logic are 2 different things. Logic can not be debated because it is always true. What I gave is an opinion, which really makes no difference if YOU understand or not, cuz it's mine.....understand? <-----That btw is logic.

D. When I asked what the trophy was for, I already read it was for 2nd place...2nd place for what?
OK look.....what I meant was, these aren't some cheap-*** Autozone rims or some **** like that.....they're the same style that did come on Firehawks. And personally I think these look better than stock salad shooters....but that's just me. I've gotten more compliments on the rims than non-compliments, so whatever.

I can't afford chrome SS wheels right at the moment, so these FREE rims (yes, I got them for free) will do just fine for awhile.

The trophy was for Modern Muscle 1981-present.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:26 PM

Great looking ride, glad to see a really Clean Camaro!