Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

My new hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:32 AM

My new hood

Well I just ordered This hood. I have a Collectors Edition Trans AM (CETA) my ceta hood started cracking so I just decided to get a new one. Let me know what you guys think. I wasnt going to change anything on my car just because its a collectors but I saw this hood and I said HOLY $HIT!! Thats bad ***. I talked to the guy that makes them and he told me Ill have the 7th one ever built so i guess that makes my car a little bit more rare .I would Really like some feedback on it though

Last edited by DOUBLE_TROUBLE; 08-01-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 AM

Re: My new hood

Interesting, but I'm not sure I like it. Especially if it were painted yellow.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:54 AM

Yea, believe it or not that has crossed through my mind too but I got a good feeling about this one.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by DOUBLE_TROUBLE
Well I just ordered This hood. I have a Collectors Edition Trans AM (CETA) my ceta hood started cracking so I just decided to get a new one. Let me know what you guys think. I wasnt going to change anything on my car just because its a collectors but I saw this hood and I said HOLY $HIT!! Thats bad ***. I talked to the guy that makes them and he told me Ill have the 7th one ever built so i guess that makes my car a little bit more rare .I would Really like some feedback on it though

I have seen one of those 7 hoods before in person!

It was on a "last of the breed" 2002 yellow TA with the graphics and stuff, about 3 weeks ago at my neighbors house, at first i thought it was a stock hood that came with the special 2002 pkg, but the owner said it was a custom hood. I will talk 2 my neighbor when i get home from work today to see if that guys on any of these boards. Good pick!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:32 PM

That would be cool to be able to see that car man! Just to get an idea of what my car would look like. The reason I got this hood is because it kinda gives it that aggresive look just because its approximately 2 inches higher. I was looking at getting that heat extractor hood but my buddy has it and it looks poorly made. I ve heard good stuff on these hoods so we will just have to wait and see!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:57 PM

A guy on fbody.com just got the sixth one lol! From the pictures he posted it looks to be of excelent quality and a great fit. To be honest I haven't herd a single bad comment about US exotics. Great choice man. I just don't think I could come off with the $1,200. It's a shame too.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:53 PM

The website its under construction still or under the making he said that he want to get more pics of more cars with his hoods. He also said that he is making only 25 Superhawk hoods so if you are interested I would Jump on them quick b/c even at that 25 hoods around the world!! thats pretty rare!

U.S. Exotics LTD
Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Looks pretty wild! When do you think you'll have it painted and installed?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 AM

Well I just talked him and he said he has finished making the hood all he has to do is trim the access fiberglass or something. I hope I get it on here in about two weeks or so just b/c of the body shop painting my whole front end. I will definately post some pics of my car before and after so that yall can let me know what you think. But please keep the feedback coming! Thanks guys
Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Looks good. I think you'll have a sharp looking car with that hood.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 AM

I like it, it is something different to look at.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by DOUBLE_TROUBLE
Well I just talked him and he said he has finished making the hood all he has to do is trim the access fiberglass or something. I hope I get it on here in about two weeks or so just b/c of the body shop painting my whole front end. I will definately post some pics of my car before and after so that yall can let me know what you think. But please keep the feedback coming! Thanks guys
You know, in Midland, all the girls are going to think you have a Viper with that hood . (They all thought our '95 Z28 was a Corvette )
Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM

lol Thats funny man!^^^^ talking about Vipers, Roger @ U.S Exotics makes a bad *** viper hood! It has heat extractors everywhere its bad! But I appreciate the feedback guys its nice to know yall like it. Ill post up pics as soon as its done .
Old 08-02-2006, 01:49 PM

That hood is sex reincarnated in fiberglass form.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:12 PM

lol!!! Hell yea! You will see me @ night doing some pretty weird stuff to it

Quick Reply: My new hood