Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

I need help QUICK! Tireshop broke off a screw in my new rims, inside for explanation.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 11:57 AM

Angry I need help QUICK! Tireshop broke off a screw in my new rims, inside for explanation.

Ok heres the scoop. I brought my 4 18 inch OZ Fittipaldi Tubolares home and start mounting them on.

These rims have a center cap that covers the entire lug nut area and is held on my a alan-key screw. This screw fastens itself by way of a stud that is on the rim, screwed into the rim with an open end for the special screw to turn into.

Well the cracked one off so now I have a bit left in the rim. On another rim the anchor wasn't there at all, I went back today and they gave it to me. So i went to screw it in, and I literally had the socket by the end where to socket itself is, turning slowly waiting for a slight bit of resistance and it cracked off as well!

All in all they're cheap fuqin pieces that are not made of very good metal. I need to figure out how to get this out, I'd like to do it myself.

Any ideas out there fellas????

thanks!

lbrowne

Last edited by lbrowne; 05-31-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:34 PM

tap kit drill it out put one of the other bits in drill in reverse and walala there it is it is a little harded than that go to like home depot or lowes and get one they come as a set for like $10 pretty cheap i had some break in my old wheels but be carefull not to mess up the threads on the rim good luck