Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How do you get sponsered?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 07:54 PM

How do you get sponsered?

I want to get my car sponsored so I don't have to pay so much $$$ for everything that I keep adding on. How do you guys get sponsers, I remember some guys saying that they had them.

Mark
Old 12-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Banned

ya and let me know tooooooooooooooo
Old 12-20-2002, 01:32 AM

Usually you have to know someone or have a resume of sorts for your car, outlining the mods for your car, and where you go, races, shows, they are looking to see if it is worth their money to even sponsor. Are they gonna get enough exposure and advertisement out of you to warrant them sponsoring. Even if you do get sponsored, it's usually not gonna get you free parts, just a deal, like probably dealer cost or something to that effect. The best way is actually to get your car in ink first, somehow published, or something, even if you are just in a readers ride section, then the companies you listed for parts would be good to hit up, let them know that say this summer you are planning on attending a GMHTP event or something were there will be exposure opportunities. The few sponsors i've gotten were from people i knew, and i haven't started sending out portfolio's of the car yet. The sponsors i've gotten so far, are Mach Performance in Clinton Twp. MI, who does my engine machining and assembly, as well as all the work R&R pulling engine, and stuff, also from a shop called Rhino Racing heads in Sterling Heights, MI. And the newest is from Innovative Turbo out of California. I got them all from people i know, Bill Mach from Mach Perf, is a longtime friend, Rhino racing does all his head work and Mach is a Dealer for Innovative, so i actually owe it all to my friend Bill Mach. Once the car is almost done this spring, i'll start hitting other companies up, like i'm gonna need a Rearend and a good clutch, which i found a few new companies, that i'm gonna talk to.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Banned

well i need to start somewhere.........i gues wrtiting that is a good idea........im not too worried bout events cuz ill go to plenty this year
Old 12-20-2002, 02:34 AM

dang, i'd be hella happy if i got sponsered...aint gonna happen though
Old 12-20-2002, 07:28 AM

Your car should be cosmetically FLAWLESS, inside and OUT (including the engine bay) before you even CONSIDER submitting sponsorship proposals.