Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Headlight Information - ALL conversions - upgrades etc. Inside.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 09:03 AM

Headlight Information - ALL conversions - upgrades etc. Inside.

CLICK HERE! READ ME! Hella FF75 Information Inside! Bulb change information inside!

Since this topic seems to be cycling back around a lot here recently, I am going to go ahead and mention 2 things.

#1. Regarding 1993-1997 Camaro headlights - Whether you find it by searching or not - there is a 95% chance that it has been discussed before. Try searching with lots of various terms. Save yourself the wait, and save the board some bandwidth.

#2. It isn't much, because I never had time to finish it, but check out this page: http://lightguide.cz28.com
You will also notice a link to Wraith's lighting guide on the first page.

#3. Headlight bulbs - They have just about all been discussed. Every brand has probably at least been mentioned - but most popular ones have been discussed. Try various searches by bulb name - try just looking up "Headlights" and "Bulbs" in the appearance section - and I bet you will find more information than you will read!

It is lazy just to repost this stuff time after time. You probably aren't going to get a whole lot of responses because it has been hashed out so many times already.

Do some research first. There are some unique cases - but for the most part, it is more of the same.

Just letting all you guys know that might have headlight questions.

(I tried this last time - and it only got 50 views...so if you actually read it this time - thank you!)
Old 11-27-2004, 08:49 PM

Re: Headlight Information - ALL conversions - upgrades etc. Inside.

47 Views...no replies...
Ungrateful, non-reading, spoiled...eh..nevermind.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:57 AM

I used the search button throughout my headlight inquiry and it help me immensely, without having to make one post. If you have any questions regarding the Hella FF75's let me know since that is the route I decided to go. They are incredible incase anyone is wondering. Thanks 94BlackBowtie for all your personal help though the whole process from beginning to end. You were very helpful as was your webpage. If you need anyone to do a long write up just let me know. The way I did mine was also fully reversible. But I doubt that I will ever go back. Thanks everyone for your help.

-Dustin-
Old 11-29-2004, 07:33 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
See - I told you guys - there's a testimony.

Dustin - you are welcome.

Also - like I mentioned - bulbs have been discussed as well - so just search and read. You are going to get far more and in depth reviews that way.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:22 AM

http://web.camaross.com/forums/searc...earchid=945294

There's a search on FF75...
128 recent results!!!

LAZY PEOPLE! Guess that's what makes the world go round though. Why try to find out by searching when you can just repost, and repost, and repost.

What really kills me is when people gripe about "that's what keeps topics going" and then they also say "search". I say, search, and come up with a new topic.

257 views and 1 reply. THAT IS CLASSIC!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:51 AM

I wish we had more info on the silvia headlight conversion.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I wish we had more info on the silvia headlight conversion.
NOW THAT, is something worth posting about.

A bunch of guys promised stuff, but never came through...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 PM

I read your post, and I don't even need different headlights.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 94BlackBowtie

It is lazy just to repost this stuff time after time. You probably aren't going to get a whole lot of responses because it has been hashed out so many times already.

Do some research first. There are some unique cases - but for the most part, it is more of the same.

I have to agree i've had people email me/pm me and ask questions about my FF75's and i've posted on them so much i just usually don't even reply. I'm not trying to be a jerk but i've posted this stuff 100x's of times i'm not going to waste my time replying. If they have a new question or something thats kine of more of my opinion on the setup i'll give it to them. I love it when people have problems in the tech forums and post that they need help when its something thats been posted about 20x that week. I won't even reply to help them out.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 94BlackBowtie
NOW THAT, is something worth posting about.

A bunch of guys promised stuff, but never came through...

I have some Silvia headlamps...a pair of dual projectors and some triple projectors. They are going back on Ebay....

The problem of sorts with those lamps is that they measure approximately 5" tall x 15" wide. A C/K Chevy truck headlamp is 4" x 12".

Basically, the space each of the factory lamps take up is oh... 2.75" x 5.5"....maybe you can squeeze out a foot of space going across, but I myself wanted or at least hoped for a quicker fix than what at least called for a butcher job on the car.

Hey, when you have a budget to stick to just to get the car running and find another 3.4L that runs....

So, not to kick anyone because we have nothing to go by anyway, but Silvia's aren't that small. My reaction when peeling them out of the wrapping was akin to "Oh, spit, these are huge!". I've got one of the dual projectors in my room that somehow got the glass covering cracked on it during shipment if you want to examine it up close and personal--since I doubt the Ebay seller I handed the others over to to sell can do much about it.

Last edited by AlfredB18; 03-18-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 PM

Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
I have to agree i've had people email me/pm me and ask questions about my FF75's and i've posted on them so much i just usually don't even reply. I'm not trying to be a jerk but i've posted this stuff 100x's of times i'm not going to waste my time replying. If they have a new question or something thats kine of more of my opinion on the setup i'll give it to them. I love it when people have problems in the tech forums and post that they need help when its something thats been posted about 20x that week. I won't even reply to help them out.
You have no idea how many PM's I have gotten on FF75's, and bulb's, and *******, and *****, and *******, and *****, and*******, and *****, and*******, and *****, and... I know what you mean. I think I have always replied, but it gets oooooooooold. You know the answers are already there. I usually just find it myself and repost it to them, to save typing.
Originally Posted by AlfredB18
I have some Silvia headlamps...a pair of dual projectors and some triple projectors. They are going back on Ebay....

The problem of sorts with those lamps is that they measure approximately 5" tall x 15" wide. A C/K Chevy truck headlamp is 4" x 12".

Basically, the space each of the factory lamps take up is oh... 2.75" x 5.5"....maybe you can squeeze out a foot of space going across, but I myself wanted or at least hoped for a quicker fix than what at least called for a butcher job on the car.

Hey, when you have a budget to stick to just to get the car running and find another 3.4L that runs....

So, not to kick anyone because we have nothing to go by anyway, but Silvia's aren't that small. My reaction when peeling them out of the wrapping was akin to "Oh, spit, these are huge!". I've got one of the dual projectors in my room that somehow got the glass covering cracked on it during shipment if you want to examine it up close and personal--since I doubt the Ebay seller I handed the others over to to sell can do much about it.
Thanks for posting! I knew they weren't a direct fit, but didn't know they were that oversized. I guess if you were wanting a "bolt-in" then you would be much better off a different route. Thanks for trying at least I suppose. Hopefully everything will turn out to your benefit on the ebay end.
Originally Posted by SILVERZZ28