Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Hardtop 94 T/A to T-Tops possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 PM

Hardtop 94 T/A to T-Tops possible?

Hey guys I will be buying a Dark Green 1994 Trans Am w/ 90K this friday, I'm going to be driving to Wisconsin from Iowa with my parents to buy it and drive it back home .

I would like to know could I add T-Tops to the car since it is a hardtop? If so how much would it cost me approx? What parts would i need to buy, and who could do it for me? I would like to do this when Spring Break starts, so around March 11-12

Thanks in advance for replies.

Thanks,
Ado
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 AM

Re: Hardtop 94 T/A to T-Tops possible?

2 – T-Tops
2 – A pillars (2 screws each)
2 – Rear corner pieces (2 screws each)
2 – Pieces of weather-stripping
1 – T-bar that sits on roof (8 screws)
2 – Holders for tops in trunk (2 screws each)
4 – Brackets to lock t-tops on roof (1 nut/bolt each)
1 – Headliner for t-top cars
2 – T-top shades (optional, I use them in the summer)
1 – Key to the locks on the t-tops
1 – Windshield weather-stripping (optional—I can’t put this on)
1 – Small can of paint to match your car (optional again)

The last two things can be done at a later date, by your or a professional. I can paint the roof of your car, but it won’t be perfect, it will be foam brushed on. Also, the windshield needs to be lifted to put the weather-stripping on. That has to be done at a shop, but I haven’t even done it on mine yet, and I don’t have any leaks.

It takes about 8 hours to do all the “damage” and then a day or two to fine tune everything. Like I said, I work at a car wash, so I will be able to adjust everything until it fits right. If I am going to do your car, I need three days to work on it. Also note – there are two different kinds of t-tops: the dot matrix style (93-95 I think) and then the smoked glass (cleaner look; like real tint). I think the later kind looks better, but all t-tops will fit the same.

I'v done 4 cars now, including my own. Check my sig for pics. Come down to Texas' beaches for spring break and I'll do it down there so you can cruise the beaches topless!

Hope this helps!

Jeremy