Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

This is funny...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:44 PM

This is funny...

Heres something for all you folks that love body work. Its a very long story which I really dont feel like telling. Here's the shorter version...you aint racin if you aint rubbin!! Passenger side rear quarter panel has suffered severe body damage...its crumbled like tin foil! I just thought you all would enjoy some cool pictures and this might help some one out that would like to do their own. I know theres a few camaros out there that have hit guard rails in the back from on ramps .

Whatch yall think?? Piece of cake to me! I have a long history of bodywork including chopping roofs off, extending front ends, etc...I like hard projects.

http://community.webshots.com/album/300113303cceezB
Old 03-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Re: This is funny...

LOL, I guess there was a lot of racin' going on then!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:35 PM

Re: This is funny...

yeah it sucked but hey, gotta pay if you wanna play! The hardest part of re-skinning a quarter is the very back. It comes with so many bends from the factory that it sometimes makes it almost impossible to reskin. Usually what I do is just bed some metal and cut it off of the car but I'm taking the hard way right now and tring to re-bend the damaged metal on the car. Not too much fun . I'm gonna pound on it some more with the dollies and see how progress is, if it doesnt go anywhere then I'm gonna have to fab up a new plate to reattach the "new" quarter.