CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Appearance (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/)
-   -   Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/appearance-34/finaly-pics-you-have-been-wating-progress-pics-94-z28-56k-beware-435059/)

Jun10rp 08-11-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Block sand the doors and prime and block sand them agian cause you will be able to see the smallest wave in them if you dont , im just tellin ya cause i thought i had mine perfect on my old camaro but then after i painted it i had to sand the doors back down to redo them ,other than that car looks great i know alot of people on here will hate but they just think...well im not even gonna get into what they think i know they are gonna hate when i post the pics when i start on my car but cant wait to see it when its painted.

Brangeta 08-11-2006 01:45 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Originally Posted by n2ceptor
The only law I found that might be close about the turn signals.... Couldnt find a defining law.....:)

SECTION 56-5-4840. Selling or using devices or equipment to change design or performance of lamps or reflectors.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale or use any device or equipment which tends to change the original design or performance of any head lamps or any other lamps or reflectors required by law to be attached to motor vehicles, trailers or semitrailers unless the equipment or device has been approved by the director of the Department of Public Safety.

I guess everybody with VHT on their tail lights better get the paint remover out :lol:

oneslowz28 08-12-2006 12:52 AM

I appreciate the info on sanding but i am not new at this. I have a total of 200+ hours in the body work and im certian that there is not 1 wave in the car anywhere. And i think i may have found a painter. im going to meet him tomorrow and hes goig to show me some of his work. Hes been painting for 40 years and has been painting show cars for the last 15 years. He told me on the phone that the car wil not have any orange peel at all when hes finished. He also told me that he will also do some custom flames or graphics or what ever i want for the same price hes gonna paint the car for. He invited me to a car show tomorrow to look at some of his work and if its good hopefully he can paint it soon. Hes a bit pricy at 3500 just to spray, color sand, and then buff and polish. but if it comes out like glass then its worth it i guess.

Oh yea i almost forgot. There is one more project i will be working on tomorrow and hope to have finished sunday. All im gonna say is goodby f body tail lights hello c5 lights.

nycto 08-17-2006 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by oneslowz28
I appreciate the info on sanding but i am not new at this. I have a total of 200+ hours in the body work and im certian that there is not 1 wave in the car anywhere. And i think i may have found a painter. im going to meet him tomorrow and hes goig to show me some of his work. Hes been painting for 40 years and has been painting show cars for the last 15 years. He told me on the phone that the car wil not have any orange peel at all when hes finished. He also told me that he will also do some custom flames or graphics or what ever i want for the same price hes gonna paint the car for. He invited me to a car show tomorrow to look at some of his work and if its good hopefully he can paint it soon. Hes a bit pricy at 3500 just to spray, color sand, and then buff and polish. but if it comes out like glass then its worth it i guess.

Oh yea i almost forgot. There is one more project i will be working on tomorrow and hope to have finished sunday. All im gonna say is goodby f body tail lights hello c5 lights.

Change the name to onericedz28.
But seriously, I respect your hard work, but fugly in my opinion.

Brangeta 08-17-2006 08:59 PM

That must have taken you all day to think of. Congratulations.

oneslowz28 08-18-2006 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by nycto
Change the name to onericedz28.
But seriously, I respect your hard work, but fugly in my opinion.

dud with 11 post do you think its a good idea to flame the established members. and i think the blown and juiced 383 makes up for any rice this car may have. Also dont troll post if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont post at all.

Has anyone noticed that the only people who are flaming me have less than 20 post and are new? I vote that we have a noob probation period of 200 post and if 1 of there post is in anyway dissrespectful, stupid, gay, ect then they get a automatic ip ban.

GhostZ28 08-18-2006 03:29 PM

how can you keep the bumpers from moving enough to crack the seems you've shaved?

And i think its looking great! I wouldnt call it rice at all, I think its taseful. I even think imports that are done correctly look awesome, i only hold up the rice flag on half-ass crap distasteful jobs. just PLEASE dont put those damn altezza style lights on.

oneslowz28 08-18-2006 10:35 PM

my friend since those pics were taken i have molded in some corvetter tails. And the frnders are reinforced on the back where the bumpers meet the fender with 3 layers of fiberglass matt and resin and the front of them were filled with tiger hair and then a thin coat of normal bondo to smothe everything out. u can go push on either bumper or fender and the whole peice will move together as one. I have stress tested every joint on this car and am certian they wont crack.

GhostZ28 08-18-2006 11:49 PM

good job! i'm very impressed. beware of them ricers comming up behind you at 200 mph with their 2000HP VTEC's and not having the brains or brakes to stop...

oneslowz28 08-19-2006 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by GhostZ28
good job! i'm very impressed. beware of them ricers comming up behind you at 200 mph with their 2000HP VTEC's and not having the brains or brakes to stop...

i think ill have enough power to speed up a little bit to avoid them.

FASTFATBOY 08-19-2006 09:09 AM

Those Hunsaker seats? Good Work!
Most people don't appreciate how much labor that is......hats off.

David

oneslowz28 08-19-2006 02:21 PM

there a set of sparcos i had laying around at my shop that needed recovering so i had them recovered and slaped them in there

beeker82 08-19-2006 02:52 PM

not my cup of tea but it looks clean and you sound like you know alot about body work and customization,looks good:)

if you havent chose wheels yet I think some fikse m5s would look insane on that car, from the sound of your buildup im sure you could afford them

LS1Kid717 08-19-2006 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by nycto
Change the name to onericedz28

how about you close youre mouth? Can you do body work like that?! This man has put probaly every ounce of spare time and cash in to this car. Youre going to talk **** about all his accomplishments when you probaly could not even change a taillight if you tried. Go away you troll, nobody wants to listen to you bicker here

on a side note, your car is gonna look ****ing awesome when its done! good luck and keep up the good work dude :thumb:

oneslowz28 08-19-2006 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by LS1Kid717
how about you close youre mouth? Can you do body work like that?! This man has put probaly every ounce of spare time and cash in to this car. Youre going to talk **** about all his accomplishments when you probaly could not even change a taillight if you tried. Go away you troll, nobody wants to listen to you bicker here

on a side note, your car is gonna look ****ing awesome when its done! good luck and keep up the good work dude :thumb:

thanks man