Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Originally Posted by zkmfdmz
i have been wanting to shave the side strips, and camaro berger and door handles and antenna off my car, that looks sweet!
good luck on the handles everybody whos done it has had them crack
Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 PM

Re: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
It's cool....

Only thing I can say is I wouldn't have molded the front and rear bumpers on.... Thos sob's flex and crack like a ****.
they shouldnt crack with the tiger hair i used.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:59 AM

I don't know why anybody would say they don't like it, it is hard to even tell what it is going to look like until it is painted. All I can say is it looks like it was a lot of hard work and that the entire thing needs to be hosed off .

Oh, and I like the color of blue.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Just in time for F&F3! don't forget to tighten the bolts on your floor pans properly buddy. Don't want them falling off after you hit the NOS button.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:29 PM

Yah, i would be washing the car between primer coats, base coats and clear, or atleast tac clothing the car. A sponge and water would work wonders. Plus you could wet sand as well. Kill two birds with one stone.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by WarMachine
Just in time for F&F3! don't forget to tighten the bolts on your floor pans properly buddy. Don't want them falling off after you hit the NOS button.
look dude think what you want. All i can say is step up and meet me at the track. my 383 paired with the d1sc will walk all over you. and then i still have a 150 shot that i could use. call it rice or whatever i dont care its my car not yours.

Yah, i would be washing the car between primer coats, base coats and clear, or atleast tac clothing the car. A sponge and water would work wonders. Plus you could wet sand as well. Kill two birds with one stone.
well im still in the molding in the body kit stage but it should be out of here and in the paint booth next wensday. and befor i spray it with highbuild it will be washed.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by oneslowz28
look dude think what you want. All i can say is step up and meet me at the track. my 383 paired with the d1sc will walk all over you. and then i still have a 150 shot that i could use. call it rice or whatever i dont care its my car not yours.

dude gimmie a break, what makes you think you have the only stroker with an S-trim and a NX kit on this site?

While I'm halfway down the 1/4 you'll probably be too busy spinning your salad shooters trying to get traction with your discount tires and your Bondo flying all over the track with your silly Voltron ebay bumpers wieghing you down and your 3inch pointless hood staring up at you, while you sit and wonder why the heck you ruined your car.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 PM

looks like it will be nice. look forward to painted pics.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:42 PM

Looking good man. I like the sniper body kit.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:23 AM

Looks Good...love that hood!! and it's not rice so don't worry about war
Old 03-10-2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by WarMachine
dude gimmie a break, what makes you think you have the only stroker with an S-trim and a NX kit on this site?

While I'm halfway down the 1/4 you'll probably be too busy spinning your salad shooters trying to get traction with your discount tires and your Bondo flying all over the track with your silly Voltron ebay bumpers wieghing you down and your 3inch pointless hood staring up at you, while you sit and wonder why the heck you ruined your car.

your assuming that im running on street tires at the track. last time i checked hoosier slicks were'nt street tires. if you read my earler post the bodykit weighed considerly less than the stock bumpers and there is less than 10 lbs of bondo on the car. the racing seats are close to 100 lbs lighter than the stock seats. the carpet is lighter than the stock carpet. the ac is removed freeing up 80 lbs. the hood is 20 lbs lighter. the tube k member is 60 lbs lighter than the stock unit. not to mention the lca the tube a arms the tq arm all lighter than stock. the air and egr is removed so thats less weight. in the end ill end up weighing close to 2900 lbs. now pair that weight with close to 700 hp on boost alone and put that power to the ground with the strange rearend thats here and the slicks and i should have a quick camaro that looks better than yours. ps the hood would be functional if i didnt have the sc. but i does serve the purpose of cooling the engine bay.

no i may not be the only guy here with a stroker and a blower but im not one to stay stock for long. I had my 95 eclipse for 1 day befor i upgraded the turbo to a t3/t4 ceramic ball bering unit. then a week later i added a mega squirt system and a full david buschure exhaust and a tk bov and a greddy electric boost controller.

the point is this is my car and im not gonna let some noob who probally doesnt even have a camaro ruin my day by talking ****.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:28 AM

Update on progress:

Installed the firebird door panels and converted the new doors back to the electric setup

Installed the rest of the interrior

tomorrow im spraying it with high build primer and doing the final blocking.

this weekend i may try and install the lambo hinges. but im still working on making the hinge slide a few inches back once the door swings out so it will clear the part on the fenders that comes up to the mirrors.

now i need opinions on the paint. Should i go with some ghoast flames or some stripes? If the stripes which style? and what color? just throw out some ideas.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:28 AM

Well this project has been on the back burner for almost 6 months now i think its time to finish it. The only reason its not done is i started to many things at once and my painter has left town and moved to some where in cali. so im out looking for a good painter now. I dont want any random body shop to do the jo i want a good painter who does good work and knows how to color sand the right way. If anybody knows of any one fitting that description and lives in sc please let me know. pm me his name and number. So now that im back on the project give me some ideas about the paint should i go ghost flames or stripes? throw out some ideas. also i need some wheel ideas. I dont want the classical zr1 or zo6 wheels that every body has but i dont want ricy wheels either.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:36 AM

oneslow.. dont worry about warmachine, it looks like its coming along great, and i like it, and like you said... if someone doesnt, let them suck your <insert here>...

keep it up, make sure you add to this thread once its all done/painted.

GL man
cory
Old 07-22-2006, 01:43 AM

I will be adding pictures. I am happy to report that most of the bondo and fiberglassing was done in the winter and the cars been sitting outside for 5 days now in 100* + heat and nothing has cracked yet. I believe that if you use tiger hair and some good quality filler like rays gold then you wont have to worry about cracking. i did also reinforce behind all joints with 3 layers of woven fiberglass and resin to help aid in stopping the flexing. Im not worried about war he was a troll i think. He came here made 10 post and left. When i pmed him about a race he said that his "car wasnt finished". I dont care if anybody hates it becuse its mine and its not ricy . Its tastefull and doesnt detract from the camaro image or body lines.

Quick Reply: Finaly the pics you have been wating for. Progress pics of the 94 z28 56k beware