Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Finally finished, looking for opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:44 PM

Finally finished, looking for opinions please

Bout to start school again so I'm going to be done for awhile, but I'm pretty happy with it. I would like to have other opinions though so feel free to express your thoughts.

Thanks for any ideas and comments.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:57 PM

i like the stripes, but you need some chrome rims to really make it look nice the way it is, or add some black rims, and black-housing halo headlights, blacked out taillights, black CAMARO rear panel inserts, and it'd be killer

also, a sunoco cowl hood, but then you'd have to redo your stripes

Last edited by reamo04; 08-12-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:19 PM

I would love some chrome rims, but with school and all, i can't really afford it, but i do have the black inserts in the back already though

Last edited by The Intern; 08-12-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 AM

It looks good. My personal preference though towards stripes on a 4th gen is not to put them so close. Mainly because that's how Ford and Dodge do their striping...very close. But that's my .02

I know you said the $ is tight, but chrome or black rims would set it off. I got my 4 17x9's black riveted Z06's for $492 shipped from Tomz Wheels on Ebay. Don't know what they run now though.

Paint the rear panel semi gloss black and put silver inserts.

alot of other stuff you can do but for now looks good.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Megalis
It looks good. My personal preference though towards stripes on a 4th gen is not to put them so close. Mainly because that's how Ford and Dodge do their striping...very close. But that's my .02

I know you said the $ is tight, but chrome or black rims would set it off. I got my 4 17x9's black riveted Z06's for $492 shipped from Tomz Wheels on Ebay. Don't know what they run now though.

Paint the rear panel semi gloss black and put silver inserts.

alot of other stuff you can do but for now looks good.
i would advise AGAINST the semi-gloss, it will not match your mirrors, or your stripes, or your top for that matter, but GLOSS will, i went through the hassle on my 94
Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM

She looks nice! Get some 17's or 18's on that thing and you'll be set!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Looking good, find yourself some rims and you'll be good to go. Drop some hints to your parents, Christmas is lurking around the corner.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:11 PM

looks good so far, i think some rims, tint, black out tails, halo front lights would set it off.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM

looks great! but id go with some chrome or black wheels just like everyone else said. and just my $.02 i'd take those stripes all the way down the back of the car, it always looked nicer imo.....looks good over all that grille is killer too! haha good luck
Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 PM

zr1's and a berger panel
Old 08-14-2007, 08:33 PM

-I feel like the stripes in the back look a bit cut off, like they wrap around the underside of the hatch, like you replaced the rear bumper and taillight panel and the stripes were not added there. Guess I would round off the square corners of the stripes about 1" from the bottom edge of the hatch (and the pinstripe would go around that end). That would give the stripe a finished look, not like it stops at a panel gap.

-I would black out the grille bars.

-Black wheels with polished edge would look better than the stock ones now that you have a more attention getting paint scheme.

Just my $.02
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Thanks everybody for you comments. A lot of you mentioned painting the berger panel, do i need to take it to a shop to get this done? Or can I just take it out and do it myself even though i have no clue how to paint anything?

-I feel like the stripes in the back look a bit cut off, like they wrap around the underside of the hatch, like you replaced the rear bumper and taillight panel and the stripes were not added there. Guess I would round off the square corners of the stripes about 1" from the bottom edge of the hatch (and the pinstripe would go around that end). That would give the stripe a finished look, not like it stops at a panel gap.
I like this idea but I don't think i really have the skill to do this. I might give it an attempt though.

As for the wheels, I think I'd rather have some chrome or polished rims.
I like both of these:

I would also like to lower it in future. And I know a guy that i can trade my black mirrors for his silver ones but i can't decide if that would make it look better or not.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Intern
Thanks everybody for you comments. A lot of you mentioned painting the berger panel, do i need to take it to a shop to get this done? Or can I just take it out and do it myself even though i have no clue how to paint anything?

I like this idea but I don't think i really have the skill to do this. I might give it an attempt though.

As for the wheels, I think I'd rather have some chrome or polished rims.
I like both of these:

I would also like to lower it in future. And I know a guy that i can trade my black mirrors for his silver ones but i can't decide if that would make it look better or not.
Black Mirrors > Silver Mirrors
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM

nice baby you got there
Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Interceptor1

-I would black out the grille bars.

-Black wheels with polished edge would look better than the stock ones now that you have a more attention getting paint scheme.

Just my $.02
I agree 100% with everything he said. And add a Berger Panel, flat black... it looks good, trust me.

Quick Reply: Finally finished, looking for opinions please