Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

ebay find: someone did vertical doors RIGHT on a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:08 AM

ebay find: someone did vertical doors RIGHT on a Camaro

I thought this was interesting. This is the first Camaro I've seen with lambo doors and no 3 inch gap in the fender/sidemirror. Looks like some custom fiberglass work maybe. I don't really care about this mod personally, so if someone wants to research it, go ahead.

If interested in seeing the rest of the pics, go ahead and check it out I suppose.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QQcmdZViewItem

The interior is interesting too, but I think it would look better with a matte finish rather than glossy.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM

I really shouldn't be complaining, since its better than a poor Z28 being wasted.. but why is it people always do the useless and expensive stuff to V6's? When I had my 6 I knew it was one, so I knew not to waste my money.. maybe if I saved it, I could get a V8..
Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM

i wasnt interested in this at all until the second post mentioned it was a v6. and right away i knew it was someone who was doing this all for looks. so i decided to go to the ebay page and i was looking through some more pictures and seen NOS?? I instantly laughed and said this cant be serious, and i bet myself that this was all show and it probably wasnt hooked up.

i go on to read and this is what i find listed under details

Nitrous system:

* Nitrous Express kit
* Nitrous Express Purge kit w/push button
* Two 5lb bottles

Nitrous system is mounted under hood but never fully installed, will need to connect steel braided hose to acuator. Never shot.

LOL gratz on NOS for looks on your v6 buddy
Old 03-05-2007, 04:43 PM

Better to have a good looking V6 than a crappy looking Z28 with the interior taken apart, engine problems, and body damage like a lot of the Z28s I see on ebay... This one actually doesn't look like a 10 year old car like most I see...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM

all i saying is that, why pretend you have all that stuff. like the need for the side gauges. who is that guy fooling. that only looks good if you actually need it, senseless mods like that just make you look stupid
Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Meh... it isn't that bad. He doesn't even have a cowl hood or Wings West Commando spoiler or anything. I still think it's pretty nice.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Why is it someone can have a nice looking car, but all of the buttheads in the world only care about the damn V8. Many times you can only get what you can get. It isn't always practical to save up for a z28 when you need a car immediately, and it's nice that after you have bought a camaro, to want to keep it looking nice instead of like crap. Why not be a little more sympathetic to those of us who do look forward to the day when we can afford to spend money on a V8, but have to pay thousands of dollars a semester at school so we have to settle for a V6. And at least be decent enough not to flame us for owning a neutered car that looks as good as or better than some V8s. No one drives with the hood off anyway.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 PM

I too have a v6 that I bought when I was young and couldn't afford the insurance on a z, however with all of the money I spent on appearance mods, I could have easily afforded the v8 afterall. Now that 7 years have gone by, I have matured and have also grown tired of having evo's and wrx's and sh** pulling up next me wanting to race because they see a car that looks mean and fast and then having to shake my head and tell them sorry, it's a broke *** 3.4l. Anyhow, I've now got an lt1 out of a vette that's going in soon- and as I reflect on this, the money I spent on visual mods and now this damn motor swap- I could have payed for a newer vette already. I would love to kick myself in the ***** for this, but I put so much into my car (sweat, money, time, and all of the blood from my scraped knuckels working on it, LOL) that I appreciate it so much and will never sell it. when I'm 60 or so cruising in it on a sunday, I'll be glad I have it.

****moral of the story: You can have a great looking slow camaro, but eventually you will get tired of it being slow. Save yourself the dissapointment and buy a camaro with *****, no matter what the cost*****
Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by jpaul2001
Why is it someone can have a nice looking car, but all of the buttheads in the world only care about the damn V8. Many times you can only get what you can get. It isn't always practical to save up for a z28 when you need a car immediately, and it's nice that after you have bought a camaro, to want to keep it looking nice instead of like crap. Why not be a little more sympathetic to those of us who do look forward to the day when we can afford to spend money on a V8, but have to pay thousands of dollars a semester at school so we have to settle for a V6. And at least be decent enough not to flame us for owning a neutered car that looks as good as or better than some V8s. No one drives with the hood off anyway.
I'm all for having a car look nice.. but putting a 900+$ lamborghini door setup on it is alittle extreme for any car. Different strokes for different folks.. I'd rather have a fast stock looking car than a souped up V6.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:46 PM

The fitting on the Lambo doors is nice and tight. I like it. you don't have to worry about having to park 10Ft away from other cars, or telling the passenger who has never been in a maro: "be careful with the door" since ours open out so damn far
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM

i kinda like it
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM

I'm still not a big fan of the interior.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 PM

nothing against it not having a V8, but yea, gauges and "NOS" is totally unnecesary. not my flavor although id drink it if was thirsty.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 PM

This is the same on every single forum that I go to now days. This isnt your car is it? No! What you think is useless and stupid the owner obviously thought it was cool and appealed to him in some way. Why knock somone just because he did somthing you dont like? Every car doesnt need to have 500 hp to be a nice car. A camaro is a camaro no matter whats under the hood. Ive owned them all 3.4, 3.8, 5.7. I LOVE my CAMARO not my engine

Just my thoughts for today,

I personally like how it looks
Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by x2jesse1x
This is the same on every single forum that I go to now days. This isnt your car is it? No! What you think is useless and stupid the owner obviously thought it was cool and appealed to him in some way. Why knock somone just because he did somthing you dont like? Every car doesnt need to have 500 hp to be a nice car. A camaro is a camaro no matter whats under the hood. Ive owned them all 3.4, 3.8, 5.7. I LOVE my CAMARO not my engine

Just my thoughts for today,

I personally like how it looks
I agree. If I just wanted a fast car, I'd own something ugly like an Impreza WRX. Besides... nothing is worse than going to an f-body car show and seeing the same 'ole thing over and over again, and this is pretty neat.

Quick Reply: ebay find: someone did vertical doors RIGHT on a Camaro