Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Ebay body replacement pannels??

Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Ebay body replacement pannels??

I had a slight fender bender with the Z and was wondering if anyone had ever used them if so how did they end up? being aftermaket I am sure that there will be some fittment issues but are they prone to cracking? or warping?? i sceptical because the price is so low and I know that one gets what he pays for.

anyone have an opinion or expirience with them ?

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2005, 01:18 PM

Re: Ebay body replacement pannels??

i bought new front bumper off ebay for $60. overall was impressed with quality. no real fitment issues which is amazing considering how trashed my front end was.

pics are in the sig and if u want i can post pics later of what the product looks out of box prior to paint

bottom line u get what u pay for, but for a cheap fix this was a pretty good deal
Old 03-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by kingman109
i bought new front bumper off ebay for $60. overall was impressed with quality. no real fitment issues which is amazing considering how trashed my front end was.

pics are in the sig and if u want i can post pics later of what the product looks out of box prior to paint

bottom line u get what u pay for, but for a cheap fix this was a pretty good deal
Thanks for the feed back! is the plastic brittle and crackable or flexable like
the stock one??

thanks alot for your help.

Gary.

btw: your car looks great now!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:23 PM

thnx... still waiting on the wingswest kit

been concentrating on engine however due to school expenses looks like she aint changing

heres the pics.... sorry some are blurry i didnt take the pics... but will give u an idea.heres the hi-res versions of those pics if u want

as far as flexible... it is slightly stiffer but not bad in comparison...
Old 03-13-2005, 11:34 PM

I have replacement fender off e-bay sitting in my garage right now.. actually it's been there for like 2 years. It's made out of plastic instead of composite like the oem ones. It doe wiegh more than a stocker too. Overall it seems ok but I was talking to the place that is doing my frame straightening on monday and if you do end up using one, make sure they have it on hand before the even put it on the rack if you're going to be using it. most of the time, they have to "tweek" the frame somewhat to get the gaps right and they need to have it for mock-up as they do this. I'm not going to use this fender anymore just because of that one fact right there. I want my frame back to exact oem specs. Luckily, I got a great deal from a friend on his entire front clip, traded straight up for a set of 33's worth barely over $300 and got everything from the bumper cover to all the plastic underneath to the foglights and all the bolts. I'd look for a oem first. Plus, by the time you pay for labor hours on the frame straightening and prep on the new panel, you might just save money in the long-run by finding a good used oem panel. Hope it all works out. Later