Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

don't fail me now...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 07:04 PM

a few misc. questions

Alright guys have a small series of questions that i need to ask and being as you all rock lemme know the answers...

1) I have an ASCD Big Block hood on my '95z, it mimics the looks of an old '67 vette...is there an insert or some type of dress up for the end of the cowl? Similar to this one

http://www.performancess.com/asc-300.jpg

2) I also would like to know...I purchased a full pillar guage pod for a '97+ camaro, I need to mount 3 gauges I was told that the pillar setup would fit...but now that i have it it's looking kinda tight in the car...will it fit with a lil' persuasion or am i screwed?

3) And finally I saw a 98+ T/A in my neighborhood with a cool headlight conversion, instead of having flip up lights there was a molded what seemed to be plastic insert their place with 2 permanent mounted lights in it...I've also seen these on ford foci is there a company that makes something similar for the 93-97 Camaro? Or does anyone know who makes the ones for the T/A?

Thanks guys

Last edited by GoTopless95Z; 04-01-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:36 PM

Re: a few misc. questions

Originally posted by GoTopless95Z
Alright guys have a small series of questions that i need to ask and being as you all rock lemme know the answers...

1) I have an ASCD Big Block hood on my '95z, it mimics the looks of an old '67 vette...is there an insert or some type of dress up for the end of the cowl? Similar to this one

http://www.performancess.com/asc-300.jpg

2) I also would like to know...I purchased a full pillar guage pod for a '97+ camaro, I need to mount 3 gauges I was told that the pillar setup would fit...but now that i have it it's looking kinda tight in the car...will it fit with a lil' persuasion or am i screwed?

3) And finally I saw a 98+ T/A in my neighborhood with a cool headlight conversion, instead of having flip up lights there was a molded what seemed to be plastic insert their place with 2 permanent mounted lights in it...I've also seen these on ford foci is there a company that makes something similar for the 93-97 Camaro? Or does anyone know who makes the ones for the T/A?

Thanks guys

1)E-mail ASCD ab out that they should be able to point you in the right direction.

2)I don't know

3)No one makes them for 93-97 camaro's You could always do the headlight mod and put clear headlight covers over it but then you would just have fog/driving lights for headlights some people like it but personally I think it's ghetto

Here's the site for the T/A non-popup headlights
Link
Old 04-01-2003, 09:27 PM

damn someone's gotta know about the hood trim piece...ASCD says that it's a custom fab piece that isn't available to buy. And as far as the gauge pods go someone here must have an idea.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by GoTopless95Z
damn someone's gotta know about the hood trim piece...ASCD says that it's a custom fab piece that isn't available to buy. And as far as the gauge pods go someone here must have an idea.
The trim piece for the BB hood I have never seen until now which leads me to believe that it is a custom piece just like you heard. However, the first time I looked at the picture, I thought it was just black paint and not a trim piece. Maybe you could just paint a rectangle at the leading edge of the BB hood and it would look like what's in the pic.

Or, maybe you could get some fiberglass and resin and then do a little trial and error......(shrugs)

The fixed transam headlight mod is sold by very few vendors. I think mainly because of cost. Be prepared to shell out about a grand for those lights. There is so much testing(crash-testing) and paperwork to get these lights DOT approved that many inventors/designers don't bother. If you don't get them approved you can only sell them as "off-road" use only, and that has some drawbacks. I've never seen any of these "fixed" lights for the 93-97 camaros.